My laptop power meter thinks it's plugged in even when it's not.

David Yip

Hi:

I'm having a problem with my power meter under Windows 2000. Even
though it's running off of the battery, it still thinks it's plugged
into AC power. I've tried rebooting and it's the same. Any ideas on
how to fix this?

thanks,
David

Simon

"David Yip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
| Hi:
|
| I'm having a problem with my power meter under Windows 2000. Even
| though it's running off of the battery, it still thinks it's plugged
| into AC power. I've tried rebooting and it's the same. Any ideas on
| how to fix this?
|
| thanks,
| David

What laptop?

I am running an IBM T21 with win2k and have no issues.

mike

Simon wrote:
> "David Yip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> | Hi:
> |
> | I'm having a problem with my power meter under Windows 2000. Even
> | though it's running off of the battery, it still thinks it's plugged
> | into AC power. I've tried rebooting and it's the same. Any ideas on
> | how to fix this?
> |
> | thanks,
> | David
>
> What laptop?
>
> I am running an IBM T21 with win2k and have no issues.

I have a similar problem with an old Dell PCiA win98se.
Remove/replace the battery fixes it temporarily.
Seems to be related to going in to suspend mode.
My battery is not very good, so that might be an issue.
mike

laptops and parts Test Equipment
4in/400Wout ham linear amp.
Honda CB-125S
400cc Dirt Bike 2003 miles $450
Police Scanner, Color LCD overhead projector
Tek 2465 $800, ham radio, 30pS pulser