Is my LCD is dead (INSPIRON 8200) ?

fred

Hello,

I bought a DELL INSPIRON 8200 on 02/2003. Since few months the screen in
less bright and rather reddish. Since few days I had to low the brightness
unless the light turn off (not the LCD). So it is very difficult to see that
thare are on the screen. From the beginning I was not pleased with this
screen: it has never been really white, there are a lot of pixels off, but
there are so small (the resolution is 1400 x 1050) that it was no really
inconvenient.

What do you think of this, are there a solution?

Thanks for your response,

Best regards,

Fred from France.

paulmd@efn.org

fred wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I bought a DELL INSPIRON 8200 on 02/2003. Since few months the screen in
> less bright and rather reddish. Since few days I had to low the brightness
> unless the light turn off (not the LCD). So it is very difficult to see that
> thare are on the screen. From the beginning I was not pleased with this
> screen: it has never been really white, there are a lot of pixels off, but
> there are so small (the resolution is 1400 x 1050) that it was no really
> inconvenient.
>
> What do you think of this, are there a solution?
>
> Thanks for your response,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Fred from France.

You can replace the screen, as per the service manual.

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc..._documentation

fred

Maybe changing the cold cathode fluorosescent lampe is the solution. I can
try, it's cheap (10USD on Ebay.com)

I will tell you ...

Fred.

> You can replace the screen, as per the service manual.
>
> http://support.dell.com/support/edoc..._documentation

fred

I change the cold cathode fluorescent lampe for 20 USD (on Ebay.com).

Now the screen is totally normal !

It was quite hot but not too difficult !

Fred.

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...