Is my proccessor bad?

Junior Member

The problem I'm having is with my custom built computer. (ask for details if necessary). I turn it on, it powers up, and goes throught its pre-start up cycle and all that just fine. My HD, which is running Win2K, starts up, and goes through the first load sequence. And then stops.

Win2k has 2 load sequences. The first (which my computer stops after) which is a black screen, with a loading bar. The second is all colorfull, with the windows logo, etc. Then it procceds to login screen. Now, my computer will go through the first load sequence, and once it completes it does not go any further.

Now my, HD is known to be good, as is my P/S. My memory is brand new. I have check the specs, and compaired them to the requirements of my mainboard, and it is compatable. My graphics card is known to be good, and works fine.

I beleive that my proccessor is no good. Althought the previous owner said that it was good, I'm not so sure. The comp does see it though.

Any help would be great.
-Matt-