NCR 7450 Dinosaur

Fred

I'm looking for help installing win 95 on an NCR 7450. NCR no longer
supports this hardware and I need drivers and installation software for it.
Any help will be appreciated.

Also, Is there a better newsgroup to post to?

Thanks

CONTROL

Fred wrote:
> I'm looking for help installing win 95 on an NCR 7450. NCR no longer
> supports this hardware and I need drivers and installation software for it.
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Also, Is there a better newsgroup to post to?
>
> Thanks

Is this a POS machine
with 200mhz CPU
you might be able to run win 98SE on it which may have better drivers
built in

which particular drivers?
does it have a touch screen?

Fred

It is a POS and it does have a touch screen. Officially it's a 7450-2400.
It's hard to say what all may be needed. The following link is the
incredibly long user manual pulled from NCR's site (pdf). According to the
manual I need to create series of disks for installation. On page 47 (or
2.3) there is a list of NCR software that is needed. If you are willing to
look I'd appreciate it. The big mystery is where do I get the software.
NCR said they don't have it anymore.

http://www.info.ncr.com/eDownload.cfm?itemid=973240007

There's one on ebay for sale right now with a picture:

Thanks

"CONTROL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4380506d$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Fred wrote:
>> I'm looking for help installing win 95 on an NCR 7450. NCR no longer
>> supports this hardware and I need drivers and installation software for
>> it. Any help will be appreciated.
>>
>> Also, Is there a better newsgroup to post to?
>>
>> Thanks

> Is this a POS machine
> with 200mhz CPU
> you might be able to run win 98SE on it which may have better drivers
> built in
>
> which particular drivers?
> does it have a touch screen?

CONTROL

Fred wrote:
> It is a POS and it does have a touch screen. Officially it's a 7450-2400.
> It's hard to say what all may be needed. The following link is the
> incredibly long user manual pulled from NCR's site (pdf). According to the
> manual I need to create series of disks for installation. On page 47 (or
> 2.3) there is a list of NCR software that is needed. If you are willing to
> look I'd appreciate it. The big mystery is where do I get the software.
> NCR said they don't have it anymore.
>
> http://www.info.ncr.com/eDownload.cfm?itemid=973240007
>

> There's one on ebay for sale right now with a picture:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7526239432
>
> Thanks
>

> "CONTROL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4380506d$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Fred wrote:
>>
>>>I'm looking for help installing win 95 on an NCR 7450. NCR no longer
>>>supports this hardware and I need drivers and installation software for
>>>it. Any help will be appreciated.
>>>
>>>Also, Is there a better newsgroup to post to?
>>>
>>>Thanks

>>Is this a POS machine
>>with 200mhz CPU
>>you might be able to run win 98SE on it which may have better drivers
>>built in
>>
>>which particular drivers?
>>does it have a touch screen?

That is really old stuff I suppose you have already tried googling the
files.
here is the touch screen drivers maybe?
http://www.3m.com/3MTouchSystems/downloads/legacy.jhtml

The clients I currently support use the javelin JPos600 and run Exceed
software by www.hlaustralia.com.au they have an office in Vancouver

Depending on your application, in theory you could load up win 98 and
run any point of sale software on it. Where will it be used? do you
have a back office system that you will be interfacing it with?

Fred

"CONTROL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Fred wrote:
>> It is a POS and it does have a touch screen. Officially it's a
>> 7450-2400. It's hard to say what all may be needed. The following link
>> is the incredibly long user manual pulled from NCR's site (pdf).
>> According to the manual I need to create series of disks for
>> installation. On page 47 (or 2.3) there is a list of NCR software that
>> is needed. If you are willing to look I'd appreciate it. The big
>> mystery is where do I get the software. NCR said they don't have it
>> anymore.
>>
>> http://www.info.ncr.com/eDownload.cfm?itemid=973240007
>>

>> There's one on ebay for sale right now with a picture:
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7526239432
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> "CONTROL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4380506d$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>Is this a POS machine
>>>with 200mhz CPU
>>>you might be able to run win 98SE on it which may have better drivers
>>>built in
>>>
>>>which particular drivers?
>>>does it have a touch screen?

> That is really old stuff I suppose you have already tried googling the
> files.
> here is the touch screen drivers maybe?
> http://www.3m.com/3MTouchSystems/downloads/legacy.jhtml
>
> The clients I currently support use the javelin JPos600 and run Exceed
> software by www.hlaustralia.com.au they have an office in Vancouver
>
> Depending on your application, in theory you could load up win 98 and run
> any point of sale software on it. Where will it be used? do you have a
> back office system that you will be interfacing it with?

I'll have to spend some time going through your link - Thanks for it.

We are trying to run Aloha POS on them. These terminals are known to
support Win 95 so we may be able to use '98. We shall see. Because it's
Aloha we are trying to use it in a chain of restaurants. The customer wants
to use a stockpile of these NCRs rather that invest in proper, modern
terminals. If we can make it work we'll be in for the eventual upgrade
(hopefully.) There will be a back office computer involved but each
terminal must be able to run independently for redundancy sake.

Thanks for your help.