Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Need advice on using card reader in Aspire notebook

 
 
JayneBartram@googlemail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2007, 10:01 AM
My Aspire notebook has a 5 in 1 card reader which is described as
reading several types of "Memory Stick" and other cards. My phone has
a "Memory Stick Duo" card which has a compatible symbol (flying
saucer?) on it.
Will the card reader read this card? If so, how do I insert and eject
it? When I try to insert it, it just seems to get lost in the slot and
I have to use plastic tweezers to get it out.

TIA,
Jayne Bartram

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
litefrozen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2007, 01:42 PM
In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> My Aspire notebook has a 5 in 1 card reader which is described as
> reading several types of "Memory Stick" and other cards. My phone has
> a "Memory Stick Duo" card which has a compatible symbol (flying
> saucer?) on it.
> Will the card reader read this card? If so, how do I insert and eject
> it? When I try to insert it, it just seems to get lost in the slot and
> I have to use plastic tweezers to get it out.
>
> TIA,
> Jayne Bartram
>

This is from my notebook

Aspire 5110/5100/3100 Series.pdf-

5-in-1 card reader Accepts Secure Digital (SD),
MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick
(MS), Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO), xDPicture
Card (xD) (for selected models).

I think the the memory stick duo is a different size than the
memory stick PRO. So it won't work in it.

"Memory Stick Duo, a small-form-factor version of the Memory Stick (including the PRO Duo)."
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
litefrozen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2007, 01:53 PM
In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> My Aspire notebook has a 5 in 1 card reader which is described as
> reading several types of "Memory Stick" and other cards. My phone has
> a "Memory Stick Duo" card which has a compatible symbol (flying
> saucer?) on it.
> Will the card reader read this card? If so, how do I insert and eject
> it? When I try to insert it, it just seems to get lost in the slot and
> I have to use plastic tweezers to get it out.
>
> TIA,
> Jayne Bartram
>

You can get a multiformat media card reader (like a 12-in-1) at bestbuy, walmarts for about
$20. That handle the duo.

Might see also if theres a USB cable to hook your phone direct to the laptop. Download it direct from the phone.
 
Reply With Quote
 
JayneBartram@googlemail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2007, 02:08 PM

litefrozen wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:



> I think the the memory stick duo is a different size than the
> memory stick PRO. So it won't work in it.
>
> "Memory Stick Duo, a small-form-factor version of the Memory Stick (including the PRO Duo)."


Yes thanks, that's the problem. The card is way too small for the
reader. I thought maybe I was putting it in the wrong way at first but
the reason seems quite obvious now you explain it.

Regards,
Jayne

 
Reply With Quote
 
JayneBartram@googlemail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2007, 02:11 PM

> You can get a multiformat media card reader (like a 12-in-1) at bestbuy, walmarts for about
> $20. That handle the duo.
>
> Might see also if theres a USB cable to hook your phone direct to the laptop. Download it direct from the phone.


I'll check out the direct cable, though there is Bluetooth on the
phone and the notebook, so maybe that's an option.

Regards,
Jayne

 
Reply With Quote
 
Christopher Syn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2007, 03:38 PM
you use an adaptor.
http://dpnow.com/archives/samsung-u-ca3-ms-duo.jpg


<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
>> You can get a multiformat media card reader (like a 12-in-1) at bestbuy,
>> walmarts for about
>> $20. That handle the duo.
>>
>> Might see also if theres a USB cable to hook your phone direct to the
>> laptop. Download it direct from the phone.

>
> I'll check out the direct cable, though there is Bluetooth on the
> phone and the notebook, so maybe that's an option.
>
> Regards,
> Jayne
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
JayneBartram@googlemail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2007, 06:10 PM

Christopher Syn wrote:
> you use an adaptor.
> http://dpnow.com/archives/samsung-u-ca3-ms-duo.jpg


That seems like a very good solution. I'll look for one of these.

Jayne

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-13-2007, 02:07 AM
On 12 May 2007 11:10:32 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>> you use an adaptor.
>> http://dpnow.com/archives/samsung-u-ca3-ms-duo.jpg

>
> That seems like a very good solution. I'll look for one of these.


It's quite likely one already came with your phone (I know my K750i did).

Good luck!
Mike
 
Reply With Quote
 
JayneBartram@googlemail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-13-2007, 01:51 PM

Mike wrote:
> On 12 May 2007 11:10:32 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> >> you use an adaptor.
> >> http://dpnow.com/archives/samsung-u-ca3-ms-duo.jpg

> >
> > That seems like a very good solution. I'll look for one of these.

>
> It's quite likely one already came with your phone (I know my K750i did).


Phones take a very circuitous route into my ownership in this family.
Though I tend to purchase them initially, I only get to use them after
the "kids" have moved on to another model. So, though I too have a
K750i, it's starkly short of bits and bobs. I know I should impose
stricter terms of use but it's like trying to control the incoming
tide. Except with my lot, the tide tends to be outgoing. :-)

> Good luck!
> Mike


Thanks for the info,
Jayne

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cd-Dvd reader for acer aspire 1800 mcarrera00@gmail.com Laptops 0 10-17-2007 11:30 PM
Aspire 1800 notebook, need help with TS GTD Acer 0 06-11-2006 06:56 PM
Re: Need advice on a MAC usenet reader! PLEASE READ Tim McNamara Apple 15 01-13-2005 04:40 AM
Re: Need advice on a MAC usenet reader! PLEASE READ Bev A. Kupf Apple 9 01-04-2005 03:23 AM
Is anyone using the Smart Card reader in D800 laptop? Dell 2 07-10-2003 11:12 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment