Need Free WAV to MP3 Converter...

Boris

....that doesn't install a search toolbar, apply voice advertising every 10
seconds or so, and doesn't convert less than 100% of the file.

I only need to convert one 13MB file to send via email.

Thanks.

Pen

On 5/28/2012 5:16 PM, Boris wrote:
> ...that doesn't install a search toolbar, apply voice advertising every 10
> seconds or so, and doesn't convert less than 100% of the file.
>
> I only need to convert one 13MB file to send via email.
>
> Thanks.

Google comes up with at least 8 programs. pick one.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wav+...ient=firefox-a

Boris

Pen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:jq0t3d$boa$(E-Mail Removed):

> https://www.google.com/search?q=wav+...tf-8&oe=utf-8&
> aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a

Well, thanks, but I did just that before writing, and they have one of the
'features' I don't want.

On one, I got 1/2 way through the install, and it was mandatory to install
one of their search toolbars. No thanks.

On another, after a full install was looking good, it did a voice over
every 30 seconds advertising it's program. For $50, the voiceover goes
away.

On another, the FAQ said that the evaluation copy gave you all the paid for
features, EXCEPT it only converted 60% of your file.

But, I just found something that fits the bill; no toolbars, doesn't
expire, no malware, converts entire files/folders, fast:

http://www.intermedia-software.com/p...dio-converter/

Steve W.

Boris wrote:
> Pen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:jq0t3d$boa$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> https://www.google.com/search?q=wav+...tf-8&oe=utf-8&
>> aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a

> Well, thanks, but I did just that before writing, and they have one of the
> 'features' I don't want.
>
> On one, I got 1/2 way through the install, and it was mandatory to install
> one of their search toolbars. No thanks.
>
> On another, after a full install was looking good, it did a voice over
> every 30 seconds advertising it's program. For $50, the voiceover goes
> away.
>
> On another, the FAQ said that the evaluation copy gave you all the paid for
> features, EXCEPT it only converted 60% of your file.
>
> But, I just found something that fits the bill; no toolbars, doesn't
> expire, no malware, converts entire files/folders, fast:
>
> http://www.intermedia-software.com/p...dio-converter/

http://www.freemake.com
has a couple, one does video the other audio.

--
Steve W.

olfart

"Boris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XnsA0619130C9B09nospamnospaminvalid@88.198.24 4.100...
> ...that doesn't install a search toolbar, apply voice advertising every 10
> seconds or so, and doesn't convert less than 100% of the file.
>
> I only need to convert one 13MB file to send via email.
>
> Thanks.

go to http://www.pcfreetime.com/ and d/l Format Factory.
It's free and works great

Alan

LAME is very popular:

http://lame.sourceforge.net/

The command line version should be fine for one file. There are
multiple front ends if you prefer GUI.

--
Alan

drek

On Mon, 28 May 2012 21:16:22 +0000 (UTC), Boris <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote: <XnsA0619130C9B09nospamnospaminvalid@88.198.244.10 0>:

>...that doesn't install a search toolbar, apply voice advertising every 10
>seconds or so, and doesn't convert less than 100% of the file.
>
>I only need to convert one 13MB file to send via email.

Sound Recorder in Windows can do it. Loading a wav and choosing Save As
will bring up a dialoge box with a Change option in it to vary the
format and bit rate. There needs to be an mp3 codec installed of course.

Foobar is free and does lots of things.

%SystemRoot%\System32\sndrec32.exe
http://www.foobar2000.org/

drek

On Tue, 29 May 2012 15:18:20 -0700, drek <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
<(E-Mail Removed)>:

>Sound Recorder in Windows can do it. Loading a wav and choosing Save As
>will bring up a dialoge box with a Change option in it to vary the
>format and bit rate. There needs to be an mp3 codec installed of course.

TinyPic
http://i47.tinypic.com/b7xquf.gif

Tim Richards

On May 29, 4:29*pm, Alan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> LAME is very popular:
>
> http://lame.sourceforge.net/
>
> The command line version should be fine for one file. *There are
> multiple front ends if you prefer GUI.
>
> --
> Alan

CDex?

Open source although it hasn't been updated for years.

Still works a treat though.