Need good mobo chioce for athlon

Rob Wilkins

I have a athlon 1800 and need a new mobo. what's the best choice? I intend
to upgrade processor soon, I am interested in a good controller but I'm out
of the loop...can I get a serial ata controller that also works with raid,
or are the two exclusive and was that a dumb question? What chipsets should
I look for....what boards should I avoid? Hook me up with some GOOD
ADVICE!!!
Thanks!

Wes Newell

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:57:24 -0700, Rob Wilkins wrote:

> I have a athlon 1800 and need a new mobo. what's the best choice? I intend
> to upgrade processor soon, I am interested in a good controller but I'm out
> of the loop...can I get a serial ata controller that also works with raid,
> or are the two exclusive and was that a dumb question? What chipsets should
> I look for....what boards should I avoid? Hook me up with some GOOD
> ADVICE!!!

The best advice I can give you is to find a board you like and then search
for problems with it. Just make sure the board you buy will officially
support a 200MHz FSB.

Gabriel

I suggest the abit nf7 or the DFI lanparty nf2
newsan.2004.04.25.09.44.40.88607@TAKEOUTverizon. net...