need help choosing pci card

jon

Is the 9250 pci card my best option for my pci-limited s4000nx Compaq
presario or are there any nvidias that could top the ati card? I'm a
graphics artist so I'll mainly use the card for open gl modeling and
adobe and some game playing. My budget is limited to around 70 dollars max.

Victor

jon wrote:
> Is the 9250 pci card my best option for my pci-limited s4000nx Compaq
> presario or are there any nvidias that could top the ati card? I'm a
> graphics artist so I'll mainly use the card for open gl modeling and
> adobe and some game playing. My budget is limited to around 70 dollars max.

3DFuzion GeForce 6200 / 128MB DDR / PCI / DVI / VGA / TV Out / Video
Card-$39.95
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...7231&CatId=319

jon

Victor wrote:
> jon wrote:
>
>>Is the 9250 pci card my best option for my pci-limited s4000nx Compaq
>>presario or are there any nvidias that could top the ati card? I'm a
>>graphics artist so I'll mainly use the card for open gl modeling and
>>adobe and some game playing. My budget is limited to around 70 dollars max.

> 3DFuzion GeForce 6200 / 128MB DDR / PCI / DVI / VGA / TV Out / Video
> Card-$39.95
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...7231&CatId=319

Great card, the only thing is my power supply is rated at 250 watts not 300.

KenP

If it is a quality PS, you'll probably be ok. Look at the label and
check the voltage that is available on the 12V leg. I have a 300 and
run a 6600GT just fine.

Victor

KenP wrote:
> If it is a quality PS, you'll probably be ok. Look at the label and
> check the voltage that is available on the 12V leg. I have a 300 and
> run a 6600GT just fine.

I agree.You should be fine.If you want to play any more recent games
you'll need the extra performance.

jon

KenP wrote:
> If it is a quality PS, you'll probably be ok. Look at the label and
> check the voltage that is available on the 12V leg. I have a 300 and
> run a 6600GT just fine.

Here's the exact model I have.

Power supply - 250 watt, Zinfandel PS2, Regulated

KenP

there should be a label on it that shows the 12V leg. that is the value
that determines how acceptable it would be. it is a decent gamble to
try it with the current supply. a reasonable supply that would more
than cover it wouldn't cost that much more if you don't see success.