Need help finding compatible motherboard for 1.33GHz Thunderbird Processor

Deepak Gupta

Hi, I have a 1.33GHz AMD thunderbird processor and am looking to get a
new motherboard for it but am not sure if the ones i'm looking at are
compatible. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on it, just
get something that works. I was looking at newegg.com and found this:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...185-010&DEPA=0

could you please comment on whether you think this motherboard would
work with my processor or not and if not which one would. Thanks in
advance!

Deepak

Wes Newell

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:17:17 -0700, Deepak Gupta wrote:

> Hi, I have a 1.33GHz AMD thunderbird processor and am looking to get
> a...
>
> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...185-010&DEPA=0
>
> could you please comment on whether you think this motherboard would
> work with my processor or not and if not which one would. Thanks in
> advance!

Yes, it will work, as will any that support 266FSB (133MHz FSB clock).

Matt

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:38:41 GMT, Wes Newell
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:17:17 -0700, Deepak Gupta wrote:
>
>> Hi, I have a 1.33GHz AMD thunderbird processor and am looking to get
>> a...
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...185-010&DEPA=0
>>
>> could you please comment on whether you think this motherboard would
>> work with my processor or not and if not which one would. Thanks in
>> advance!
>>

>Yes, it will work, as will any that support 266FSB (133MHz FSB clock).

I can't imagine any current Socket A motherboard NOT being able to
support a T-bird.

The real toughie is if you have PC133 memory to re-use, as most
current boards that still use a DDR/SDRAM capable chipset, tend nor to
bother with SDRAM sockets, confining them to DDR only.

If aiming "cheap'n'cheerful", onboard graphics may be a feature to
look for.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...185-036&depa=0
Cheapest suitable board from there, WITH onboard graphics - $40
instead of $26 - the KM266 chipset is comparable with the KT266A
The Prosavage graphics won't win any prizes for gaming, but are quite
adequate for any other uses.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...185-002&depa=0

The M847LU - an interesting idea ... the standard Sis 746/963 chipset
coupled with an onboard Xabre 200 seperate chip, and 64Mb of
independent graphics memory onboard as well.
A lightweight DirectX 8 solution, for $51
Tho only casualty of this integration - NO AGP SLOT, so a Xabre 200 is
the best the graphics will ever be - but that may be enough.

--
I may be dozzzy, but take the ZZZ's out to mail me
http://www.junkroom.freeserve.co.uk/jvc2080.htm - 2x2x24 CD-RW troubles

If you drop a cactus, don't try to catch it!