I Need Help on my Gateway laptop

tony hays

I Need Help on my Gateway laptop
It is about 2 years old with moderate
daily use (Wife game player).

I was using it one evening and having a problem
getting on line with the WIFI when I went to
reboot it, it just would not restart. the power
button would not start or lite up. I always mostly
keep it plugged in. So I know there is plenty of power to it.
So for a week I left it unplugged and when I
plugged the power cord in the showed it
was taking a charge, so after it turned green
with full charge so nothing when I push the power
switch. my thinking it is in the power on/off button

any help out there as to what to do would be greatly
appreciated.

no money to put it in the shop .
what's a mother to do!!! thanks for your help

Tony

Barry Watzman

Unfortunately, it's probably not the button itself.

The sad news is that usually these are motherboard problems, and a
motherboard repair, like a screen replacement, costs about as much as a
new laptop.

There are other possible causes (mostly unlikely), but it will take a
shop visit to even find out what the problem is.

The best advice may be to sell the laptop on E-Bay (being honest about
it's condition ... you may still get a couple hundred dollars for it)
and buy a new one.