Need help with USB header on SY-P4VGM mobo...

s1mple.m4n@gmail.com

Hi all - I have been given this Soyo mobo and want to install it into
my current PC case which has front USB available.
I have been unable to find a manual for this particular model and the
"Quick set-up guide" doesn't offer any help either. Can anyone tell me
the wiring sequence for my front USB or point me in the direction of a
downloadabld manual??
Any help would be appreciated.

RoyJ

tcsenter@yahoo.com

The downloadable Quick Start Guide in .PDF format contains the pin-out
for the USB header under "Connectors and Plug-ins" (Step 4), which
conforms to the Intel FPIO standard:

http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/filedesc.php?id=2219

Pin #

1 - FP_USBPWR0 (VCC0)
2 - FP_USBPWR1 (VCC1)
3 - USB_FP_P0- (USB/Data0-)
4 - USB_FP_P1- (USB/Data1-)
5 - USB_FP_P0+ (USB/Data0+)
6 - USB_FP_P1+ (USB/Data1+)
7 - GROUND
8 - GROUND
9 - KEY (N/C)
10 - USB_FP_OC

Since the SY-P4VGM is a clone of the PC Chips M925G (a.k.a. ECS
P4VMM2), the manual for these models show the same pin-out assignment.

RoyJ

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> The downloadable Quick Start Guide in .PDF format contains the pin-out
> for the USB header under "Connectors and Plug-ins" (Step 4), which
> conforms to the Intel FPIO standard:
>
> http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/filedesc.php?id=2219
>
> Pin #
>
> 1 - FP_USBPWR0 (VCC0)
> 2 - FP_USBPWR1 (VCC1)
> 3 - USB_FP_P0- (USB/Data0-)
> 4 - USB_FP_P1- (USB/Data1-)
> 5 - USB_FP_P0+ (USB/Data0+)
> 6 - USB_FP_P1+ (USB/Data1+)
> 7 - GROUND
> 8 - GROUND
> 9 - KEY (N/C)
> 10 - USB_FP_OC
>
> Since the SY-P4VGM is a clone of the PC Chips M925G (a.k.a. ECS
> P4VMM2), the manual for these models show the same pin-out assignment.

Thanks mate - that was very helpful.
I will try to set it all up tomorrow.
Cheers