Need help using Apple DiskCopy

johnw_94020@yahoo.com

I need to backup my Palm OS SD card, but I need it done without imaging
the entire disk. I want only used space imaged. On my Mac (OS 9.1) I
am lacking hard drive space (I have less than a gig) and I need to
image my SD card disk which is a gig. I believe this is possible with
ShrinkWrap but I cant spare the expense.

Can it be done with Apple DiskCopy? I also have Retrospect backup, but
I believe that backup is not the same as imaging. if all else fails I
can use Retrospect or Drop Stuff, but I am looking for a byte by byte
image.

John

Gregory Weston

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I need to backup my Palm OS SD card, but I need it done without imaging
> the entire disk. I want only used space imaged. On my Mac (OS 9.1) I
> am lacking hard drive space (I have less than a gig) and I need to
> image my SD card disk which is a gig. I believe this is possible with
> ShrinkWrap but I cant spare the expense.
>
> Can it be done with Apple DiskCopy? I also have Retrospect backup, but
> I believe that backup is not the same as imaging. if all else fails I
> can use Retrospect or Drop Stuff, but I am looking for a byte by byte
> image.

Why were you much more vague when you asked this question 2 days ago
under a different name?

--
There's nothing quite like the joy of first hearing an Alvin & the Chipmunks
cover of Pink Floyd's "The Final Cut." "Not Now John" is especially sublime.

Apple Toner, Apple Ink Cartridges, Apple Ribbons Jacobs HP 0 07-16-2010 09:38 AM
Apple-Q versus Apple-W is hard for beginners Markus Dehmann Apple 43 01-03-2006 08:05 AM
Apple WILL move to Intell: How long before the Apple hizark21@yahoo.com PC Hardware 18 08-09-2005 03:13 AM
diskcopy & MacOS X Robert Apple 4 02-02-2004 12:52 PM
Diskcopy in 10.3 AnToNio Apple 0 11-03-2003 07:46 PM