I NEED HELP VIDEO WITH MY SOYO SY-K7VME MOTHERBOARD!!!

sujoe02

Hello, I have a soyo motherboard model SY-K7VME. I am having trouble
installing my new video card. There is an onboard video on this
motherboard and i cannot find out how to disable it. It gives no
optoin in device manager. I checked soyo's tech support and i couldnt
find anything. I would really appriciate if someone could help me
disable my onboard video.

Thanks, Joe

JohnK

According to the MANUAL, if you insert an AGP card the onboard card it
automatically disabled.
I did it and it's true.
To get my two monitors, I put in a PCI card.

"sujoe02" <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:41bf592e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, I have a soyo motherboard model SY-K7VME. I am having trouble
> installing my new video card. There is an onboard video on this
> motherboard and i cannot find out how to disable it. It gives no
> optoin in device manager. I checked soyo's tech support and i couldnt
> find anything. I would really appriciate if someone could help me
> disable my onboard video.
>

> Thanks, Joe

sujoe02

ok that is true but here is the strange thing, i just baught a new lcd
monitor and it will not work with this video card. is this due to my
video card or what? my video card is a geforce4 mx 440 8x

sujoe02

ok that is true but here is the strange thing, i just baught a new lcd
monitor and it will not work with this video card. is this due to my
video card or what? my video card is a geforce4 mx 440 8x

j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net

Some GeForce4 MX 440 8X AGP video cards do support LCD monitors and
some don't. The problem is there are a very large number of these cards
out. If you could give the Manufactures name and how much memory is on
the card, it would help in giving your an answer

sujoe02 wrote:
> ok that is true but here is the strange thing, i just baught a new

lcd
> monitor and it will not work with this video card. is this due to my
> video card or what? my video card is a geforce4 mx 440 8x

sujoe02

sorry thoughjt i including. it is 64mb and nvidia pny

thanks