Need Original Drivers Installation Cd Sounbblaster Live 5.1 Digital Model SB0220

Doggy

I bought a Soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital Soundcard Model SB0220 But
I am looking for the original Soundblaster Drivers-installation CD.
Xp won't detect the card full, and using updates founded on the
Creative site will not work.
Who can help me please.
I still can not use this great soundcard unless I have the original
sound-drivers.

Shepİ

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 07:38:17 -0500 As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric
Sheep and then (E-Mail Removed) (Doggy) wrote :

>I bought a Soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital Soundcard Model SB0220 But
>I am looking for the original Soundblaster Drivers-installation CD.
>Xp won't detect the card full, and using updates founded on the
>Creative site will not work.
>Who can help me please.
>I still can not use this great soundcard unless I have the original
>sound-drivers.

Have you had another sound card or on board sound chip drivers
installed?

I've .rar'd up my 5.1 OEM drivers for you off my CD and put them here,

http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/win2k_xp.rar

but there is no setup.exe so once extracted you must go to the device
manager and choose to re-install the drivers and then point to where
you have extracted.
Before you do this remover all sound cards and if there is a an on
board sound chip disable the AC97/Midi/Gameport in the BIOS.
Then Control Panel/Add remove Programs and remove any and ALL
references to ANY sound cards.
Then clean registry with,"Regseeker" and,"RegscrubXP",
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/freeprog.html
Then shutdown and switch off and insert card,re-boot and when prompted
point to extract folder.
If you need,"Winrar",
http://www.rarlab.com/

File will be kept on my web space until Monday the 26.06.2005 and then
deleted.

--
Free Windows/PC help,

... et al.

Shepİ wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) (Doggy) wrote :
>
>>I bought a Soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital Soundcard Model SB0220 But
>>I am looking for the original Soundblaster Drivers-installation CD.
>>Xp won't detect the card full, and using updates founded on the
>>Creative site will not work.
>>Who can help me please.
>>I still can not use this great soundcard unless I have the original
>>sound-drivers.

> Have you had another sound card or on board sound chip drivers
> installed?
>
> I've .rar'd up my 5.1 OEM drivers for you off my CD and put them here,
>
> http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/win2k_xp.rar

<snip>

> File will be kept on my web space until Monday the 26.06.2005 and then
> deleted.

Hi Shepİ, i got a SB0220 card without support CD as well. So i hope you
didn't mind i downloaded a copy of this for possible future WinXP use.
However i'm currently using the card in a machine running Win98SE and
wonder if you'd consider temporarily making available also the Win98SE
drivers?

For the OP (Doggy) and anyone else.
You can also try out the kX Project's 'kX WDM Audio Driver'.
<http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1>
or/and <http://www.kxproject.com/>
<quote> The kX Audio Driver is an independent WDM (Windows Driver Model)
driver for all EMU10K1 and EMU10K2-based soundcards </quote>
They mention SB0220 as supported, and it does work for me under Win98SE
although it seems to enumerate as SB022X, (And if i read correctly,
SB022x is a different card and not the whole SB0220,...,-,SB0229 series
of cards.)

--

Please followup in newsgroup.
E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.

Shepİ

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:03:50 GMT As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric Sheep
and then "... et al." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Shepİ wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) (Doggy) wrote :
>>
>>>I bought a Soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital Soundcard Model SB0220 But
>>>I am looking for the original Soundblaster Drivers-installation CD.
>>>Xp won't detect the card full, and using updates founded on the
>>>Creative site will not work.
>>>Who can help me please.
>>>I still can not use this great soundcard unless I have the original
>>>sound-drivers.

>> Have you had another sound card or on board sound chip drivers
>> installed?
>>
>> I've .rar'd up my 5.1 OEM drivers for you off my CD and put them here,
>>
>> http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/win2k_xp.rar
>>

><snip>
>

>> File will be kept on my web space until Monday the 26.06.2005 and then
>> deleted.

>Hi Shepİ, i got a SB0220 card without support CD as well. So i hope you
>didn't mind i downloaded a copy of this for possible future WinXP use.
>However i'm currently using the card in a machine running Win98SE and
>wonder if you'd consider temporarily making available also the Win98SE
>drivers?
>
>For the OP (Doggy) and anyone else.
>You can also try out the kX Project's 'kX WDM Audio Driver'.
><http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1>
>or/and <http://www.kxproject.com/>
><quote> The kX Audio Driver is an independent WDM (Windows Driver Model)
>driver for all EMU10K1 and EMU10K2-based soundcards </quote>
>They mention SB0220 as supported, and it does work for me under Win98SE
>although it seems to enumerate as SB022X, (And if i read correctly,
>SB022x is a different card and not the whole SB0220,...,-,SB0229 series
>of cards.)

Done and here,
http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/98se_me.rar

Hope they work

--
Free Windows/PC help,

... et al.

Shepİ wrote:

> "... et al." wrote :
>
>>Hi Shepİ, i got a SB0220 card without support CD as well. So i hope you
>>didn't mind i downloaded a copy of this for possible future WinXP use.
>>However i'm currently using the card in a machine running Win98SE and
>>wonder if you'd consider temporarily making available also the Win98SE
>>drivers?

> Done and here,
> http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/98se_me.rar
>
> Hope they work

Got it. :-)
Thanks a bunch.

--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.

Shepİ wrote:

> "... et al." wrote :
>
>>Shepİ wrote:

>>>I've .rar'd up my 5.1 OEM drivers for you off my CD and put them here,
>>>
>>>http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/win2k_xp.rar

>>Hi Shepİ, i got a SB0220 card without support CD as well. So i hope you
>>didn't mind i downloaded a copy of this for possible future WinXP use.
>>However i'm currently using the card in a machine running Win98SE and
>>wonder if you'd consider temporarily making available also the Win98SE
>>drivers?
>>

> Done and here,
> http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/98se_me.rar
>
> Hope they work

I saw that you posted in here again so i just thought i'd reply to this
again and confirm that indeed they do work for me.
Haven't tried on a 'fresh' install yet but i uninstalled the 'kX WDM
Audio Driver' i had installed and pointed the 'Add new Hardware' to the
inf's i got from you and my SB0220 got accepted as a Sound Blaster Live!
card, drivers got installed and sound worked on reboot.

So shame on Creative Tech. for not supporting their hardware, pretending
SB0220 doesn't exist, and my thanks again to you. :-)

--
Please followup in newsgroup.
E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.

Shepİ

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 02:05:39 GMT As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric Sheep
and then "... et al." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Shepİ wrote:

>>>Hi Shepİ, i got a SB0220 card without support CD as well. So i hope you
>>>didn't mind i downloaded a copy of this for possible future WinXP use.
>>>However i'm currently using the card in a machine running Win98SE and
>>>wonder if you'd consider temporarily making available also the Win98SE
>>>drivers?
>>>

>> Done and here,
>> http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/98se_me.rar
>>
>> Hope they work

>I saw that you posted in here again so i just thought i'd reply to this
>again and confirm that indeed they do work for me.
>Haven't tried on a 'fresh' install yet but i uninstalled the 'kX WDM
>Audio Driver' i had installed and pointed the 'Add new Hardware' to the
>inf's i got from you and my SB0220 got accepted as a Sound Blaster Live!
>card, drivers got installed and sound worked on reboot.
>
>So shame on Creative Tech. for not supporting their hardware, pretending
>SB0220 doesn't exist, and my thanks again to you. :-)

I think the problem is that there were some OEM sound blaster cards
that were made.I know because I have one and therefore they weren't
actually supposed to be for retail as they were made and sold
to,"Dell" and other PC makers.If you get stuck again check out the
Dell site.

--
Free Windows/PC help,

wyzco