Need PC-Based Movie Player for MPEG2

Danny

Suggestions, please, for a PC-based movie player that will run 24/7/forever:

Plays MPEG2. Prefer to also handle other formats like VOB, MJPEG, AVI, and
possibly WMV, RM, etc.

Plays clips seemlessly, back-to-back, frame-to-frame, without pauses (video
black or other disturbances), hesitation, or jerkiness

Playlist from ASCII text that can be changed while the playlist is underway

Output selectable to a dedicated card (eg. Matrox RT.X10, NTSC) (not the
computer monitor)

Thanks so much, Danny

Centurion

Danny wrote:

> Suggestions, please, for a PC-based movie player that will run
> 24/7/forever:
>
> Plays MPEG2. Prefer to also handle other formats like VOB, MJPEG, AVI,
> and possibly WMV, RM, etc.
>
> Plays clips seemlessly, back-to-back, frame-to-frame, without pauses
> (video black or other disturbances), hesitation, or jerkiness
>
> Playlist from ASCII text that can be changed while the playlist is
> underway
>
> Output selectable to a dedicated card (eg. Matrox RT.X10, NTSC) (not the
> computer monitor)
>

> Thanks so much, Danny

Maybe the Win32 version of Mplayer will do what you want. I've used it
under Linux to do the sort of thing you want. Not sure how good your
windows shell scripting or VBS skills are, but you might need to roll your
own logic to wrap up mplayer. I'm not aware of any point-and-drool windows
apps that do what you want (possibly Winamp...but never tried it).

Cheers,

James
--
While your friend holds you affectionately by both your hands you are
safe, for you can watch both of his.