I need software - please help!

Jane H

I bought a Tablet pc last year with Windows XP os - but I also want to use
Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook software on the computer. I don't know
which application package to buy - is there a specific Tablet pc version of
these applications or can I use a standard Windows Office suite?

Jim Pickering

Any program that will run on a Windows XP machine will run on a Tablet which
is basically Windows XP with the Tablet bits added. Having said that, for
an Office application, you would want Office 2003, for the additional ink
awareness that it has. Good luck.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"Jane H" <Jane (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I bought a Tablet pc last year with Windows XP os - but I also want to use
> Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook software on the computer. I don't
> know
> which application package to buy - is there a specific Tablet pc version
> of
> these applications or can I use a standard Windows Office suite?

Chris H.

The Office 2003 version is the best, but which flavor you want depends on
your needs. You can check out the choices here:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...o/default.mspx Remember,
the OneNote program, which is part of the Office "family," is not part of
any Office suite and would be a separate purchase if you're interested.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Jane H" <Jane (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I bought a Tablet pc last year with Windows XP os - but I also want to use
> Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook software on the computer. I don't
> know
> which application package to buy - is there a specific Tablet pc version
> of
> these applications or can I use a standard Windows Office suite?

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE

Get Office 2003 or higher.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"Jane H" <Jane (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I bought a Tablet pc last year with Windows XP os - but I also want to use
> Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook software on the computer. I don't
> know
> which application package to buy - is there a specific Tablet pc version
> of
> these applications or can I use a standard Windows Office suite?

Mike Williams [MVP]

Jane H wrote:
> I bought a Tablet pc last year with Windows XP os - but I also want to use
> Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook software on the computer. I don't know
> which application package to buy - is there a specific Tablet pc version of
> these applications or can I use a standard Windows Office suite?

Is it just Windows XP, or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition? What is the
model of the Tablet?

Colin Walker

Don't forget - if you've already got Office XP rather than 2003 you can
always get the Microsoft Office XP Pack for Tablet PC, see: