Netbook wouldn't charge, Acer kept screws

Paul H

My Acer netbook would not charge, even with the charger plugged in. I had
it repaired under warranty. Now everything is good.

Except: I took the hard disk out because they warn that they may (most
likely will) erase the disk. I left the teeny tiny screws in the netbook.
Big mistake! It came back without them. I put the hard disk back in and
the netbook runs fine. However I cannot mount it properly because a couple
of these screws are missing.

I have checked everywhere - Fry's, the Geek Squad, every repair place I can
think of. All the screws they have are too fat. My calls to Acer fall on
deaf ears.

Ideas, anyone? TIA, Paul

Ed Maier

On 6/7/2010 5:55 PM, Paul H wrote:
> My Acer netbook would not charge, even with the charger plugged in. I
> had it repaired under warranty. Now everything is good.
>
> Except: I took the hard disk out because they warn that they may (most
> likely will) erase the disk. I left the teeny tiny screws in the
> netbook. Big mistake! It came back without them. I put the hard disk
> back in and the netbook runs fine. However I cannot mount it properly
> because a couple of these screws are missing.
>
> I have checked everywhere - Fry's, the Geek Squad, every repair place I
> can think of. All the screws they have are too fat. My calls to Acer
> fall on deaf ears.
>
> Ideas, anyone? TIA, Paul

Thanks, Paul. Did you need to get a return shipping authority and if so,
how did you obtain it?

Thanks,

Ed

Ed Maier

On 6/7/2010 8:28 PM, Ed Maier wrote:
> On 6/7/2010 5:55 PM, Paul H wrote:
>> My Acer netbook would not charge, even with the charger plugged in. I
>> had it repaired under warranty. Now everything is good.
>>
>> Except: I took the hard disk out because they warn that they may (most
>> likely will) erase the disk. I left the teeny tiny screws in the
>> netbook. Big mistake! It came back without them. I put the hard disk
>> back in and the netbook runs fine. However I cannot mount it properly
>> because a couple of these screws are missing.
>>
>> I have checked everywhere - Fry's, the Geek Squad, every repair place I
>> can think of. All the screws they have are too fat. My calls to Acer
>> fall on deaf ears.
>>
>> Ideas, anyone? TIA, Paul
>>

> Thanks, Paul. Did you need to get a return shipping authority and if so,
> how did you obtain it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed

Went to their home page and then to support. Supplied the info and they
verified ownership, but the warranty is expired. Didn't realize I had it
that long.

Plan B: Requested an iPad for Fathers Day. <grin>

Ed

Li-Ion Batteries loose 20% of Capacity Per Year If Kept @ Full Charge BillW50 Laptops 13 11-22-2008 05:59 PM
video setting not kept jrbareta Nvidia 1 10-27-2004 11:55 PM
Opinions - nVidia drivers kept crashing/rebooting this PC or is it bad RAM..??? Bruce Tyler Nvidia 4 06-29-2004 04:57 PM
AXP 2400 bus overclock question (CPU kept in spec.) Roland Burke AMD Overclocking 5 07-19-2003 08:36 AM
60 degree centigrade K6-2/500 kept running Mr Happy PC Hardware 0 07-07-2003 05:58 PM