Network cable problem with Toshiba laptopI

Daniel Prince

I am borrowing my brother's Toshiba laptop. I can get network
cables to plug in but they do not lock into place. I push on them
as hard as I can but they do not lock into place. They just pull
right out with very little force. The cables do work until they
come out.

I have tried both ends of five different cables but none of them
work. I have looked at the port with a flashlight and very powerful
reading glasses but I do not see any dirt or foreign objects that
could block the cable.

Do some Toshiba laptops require custom, non-standard network cables?
Is there anything I can do to get standard cables to work?
--
When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.
After I kick it, he will sometimes play with it for a few

Rich Greenberg

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Daniel Prince <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I am borrowing my brother's Toshiba laptop. I can get network
>cables to plug in but they do not lock into place. I push on them
>as hard as I can but they do not lock into place. They just pull
>right out with very little force. The cables do work until they
>come out.
>
>I have tried both ends of five different cables but none of them
>work. I have looked at the port with a flashlight and very powerful
>reading glasses but I do not see any dirt or foreign objects that
>could block the cable.
>
>Do some Toshiba laptops require custom, non-standard network cables?
>Is there anything I can do to get standard cables to work?

My Toshiba has the exact same problem.

The tab that the cable latch locks onto has broken off.

Live with it. :-(

--
Rich Greenberg Sarasota, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 941 378 2097
Canines: Val,Red,Shasta,Zero,Casey & Cinnar (At the bridge) Owner:Chinook-L