Network Printer Problem

Pat Conover

Hi All,

I have not followed the dell group in a while, but it's good to see some of
the regulars still here and some new folks helping out too.

Anyway, my D-Link wireless router died, and I replaced it with a Linksys
E1200 wireless router. I have a Samsung ML-2250N ethernet wired printer
that I can't get to connect to the new router. I changed the printer IP to
192.168.1.118 from 192.168.0.118 for the old router. But can't get it to be
recognized by the router. My color copier via ethernet has not problems,
just set the ip for the 1 instead of the 0. There is no setup in the
linksys software to add a wired network printer only wireless. There is an
option in the web interface to set a static IP, but it required a MAC
address too. The faceplate on the printer strangely does not give a MAC
address.

I have googled, and searched the linksys and Samsung web sites to death and
am still at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Yes I am
running all Dell computers, hence my post to the Dell Gurus!

Thanks, Pat

Ben Myers

On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:02:35 PM UTC-4, Pat Conover wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I have not followed the dell group in a while, but it's good to see some of
>
> the regulars still here and some new folks helping out too.
>

> Anyway, my D-Link wireless router died, and I replaced it with a Linksys
>
> E1200 wireless router. I have a Samsung ML-2250N ethernet wired printer
>
> that I can't get to connect to the new router. I changed the printer IP to
>
> 192.168.1.118 from 192.168.0.118 for the old router. But can't get it to be
>
> recognized by the router. My color copier via ethernet has not problems,
>
> just set the ip for the 1 instead of the 0. There is no setup in the
>
> linksys software to add a wired network printer only wireless. There is an
>
> option in the web interface to set a static IP, but it required a MAC
>
> address too. The faceplate on the printer strangely does not give a MAC
>
> address.
>

> I have googled, and searched the linksys and Samsung web sites to death and
>
> am still at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Yes I am
>
> running all Dell computers, hence my post to the Dell Gurus!
>

> Thanks, Pat

Maybe simply reinstall the Samsung drivers? If they have a sane driver install program (not like some, e.g. HP printer bloatware), it should find the printer's MAC address and figure out an IP address for it.

WHERE did you change the IP address? In the printer itself? That is where it needs to be changed, in addition to the printer properties in each computer printing to it... Ben Myers

Dave

On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:02:35 PM UTC-4, Pat Conover wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I have not followed the dell group in a while, but it's good to see some of
>
> the regulars still here and some new folks helping out too.
>

> Anyway, my D-Link wireless router died, and I replaced it with a Linksys
>
> E1200 wireless router. I have a Samsung ML-2250N ethernet wired printer
>
> that I can't get to connect to the new router. I changed the printer IP to
>
> 192.168.1.118 from 192.168.0.118 for the old router. But can't get it to be
>
> recognized by the router. My color copier via ethernet has not problems,
>
> just set the ip for the 1 instead of the 0. There is no setup in the
>
> linksys software to add a wired network printer only wireless. There is an
>
> option in the web interface to set a static IP, but it required a MAC
>
> address too. The faceplate on the printer strangely does not give a MAC
>
> address.
>

> I have googled, and searched the linksys and Samsung web sites to death and
>
> am still at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Yes I am
>
> running all Dell computers, hence my post to the Dell Gurus!
>

> Thanks, Pat

dd

Re: Win7/XP network printer problem William R. Walsh Dell 2 04-27-2010 01:42 PM
Re: Win7/XP network printer problem WSZsr Dell 2 04-26-2010 05:20 PM
Network Printer Problem alchazz Apple 2 07-18-2009 09:38 PM
Problem with HP printer on network mpgprof@sbcglobal.net Apple 0 09-08-2005 01:15 AM
Printer on a Network Problem Scott Gateway 1 06-28-2005 03:39 AM