john bennett

Hi all I just want to know everything that people can tell me about
networking 2 computers together

desktop computer with a laptop

---

John

John, for networking info checkout:

http://www.practicallynetworked.com
http://www.wown.com
http://www.sohointer.net

Regards,

John

What are you trying to accomplish? File transfers? Assuming you have
Network Interface Cards (NICs) on each PC, just use a crossover cable.
Should be able to get one at computer stores. Then you need to setup your
TCP/IP in Network Neighborhood. Before I get into that need to know what
you are shooting for.

"john bennett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfn4bh$bfe$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all I just want to know everything that people can tell me about
> networking 2 computers together
>
> desktop computer with a laptop
>

> ---

Barry Watzman

Ok, that helps a lot.

Get a router (which is really a combination router/switch). Plug the
Internet connection (cable or DSL modem) into the WAN port on the router
and plug the two (or more) computers into any of the LAN ports on the
router.

If you are using dialup, while it's physically possible to share a
connection, it's much more difficult and the results are generally only
marginally satisfactory to completely unsatisfactory.