Networking Woes

DKline

I'm having quite a time trying to network my new netbook to my
desktop. I run Network setup on both machines but always come up with
a limited connectivity error. I'm missing a setting somewhere along
the way because I even had the desktop networked with a Mac at one
point. It'd be nice to be able to ping each other to see if there at
least communicating in some way. Any help with this would
appreciated. Thanks DKline

John Williamson

DKline wrote:
> I'm having quite a time trying to network my new netbook to my
> desktop. I run Network setup on both machines but always come up with
> a limited connectivity error. I'm missing a setting somewhere along
> the way because I even had the desktop networked with a Mac at one
> point. It'd be nice to be able to ping each other to see if there at
> least communicating in some way. Any help with this would
> appreciated. Thanks DKline

Wireless? Wired? Homeplug? Router or Peer to Peer?

Windows? If so what version? Linux? Presumably not Apple OS of any sort?

--
Tciao for Now!

JOhn.

- Bobb -

http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/net.asp

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

USB Woes - BD7II jkayng@yahoo.com Abit 0 06-10-2004 11:28 PM
SATA woes David Besack Abit 3 06-05-2004 01:34 PM
AI7 woes. . . . (is it a POS?) Wayne Youngman Abit 13 04-12-2004 08:16 PM
Further KV7 SATA woes, Drives >137GB Marcus Abit 9 02-28-2004 09:42 PM
at7-max2 cpu upgrade woes The Dead Senator Abit 0 01-27-2004 06:48 AM