Networking XP

Martyn Tindall

Can anyone help with this? I bought a new laptop recently with Win7.
I'm trying to link it with my ThinkPad (XP) via my wireless router,
with a view to exchanging files and, eventually, printing wirelessly.
I've read about doing this on a few websites, however, so far, the
Win7 machine "sees" only itself and the router. On the ThinkPad I've
run the Network Setup Wizard, enabled File & Printer Sharing and given
the workgroup the same name on both PCs, but I don't see the Win7
machine in My Network Places. Only if I open My Network Places/Entire
Network/MicroSoft Windows Network/Workgroup do I see the name of the
other computer, but with no icon or details. I'm wondering if this
might be because I'm connecting to the router with ThinkVantage Access
Connections rather than Windows. Would I do better to dump TV-AC and
connect through Windows? Any suggestions welcome!

Windows 7 Home SP1
Windows XP Pro SP3

TIA,

--