New AB9 Pro hangs with code 2A and won't boot into BIOS

John Cole

Hello,

I just bought a brand new AB9 Pro today for a new system that I am
building and cannot get the board's BIOS up. The boot process starts
then hangs on code 2A (which doesn't exist in the manual), and I never
get to the BIOS screen.

Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, how did you resolve?

thanks,
John

John Cole

John Cole wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just bought a brand new AB9 Pro today for a new system that I am
> building and cannot get the board's BIOS up. The boot process starts
> then hangs on code 2A (which doesn't exist in the manual), and I never
> get to the BIOS screen.
>
> Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, how did you resolve?
>
> thanks,
> John

Here are the full specs:

specs:

abit ab9 pro
e6400@2.13ghz
1gb x 2 patriot ddr2
maxtor 160gb sata
maxtor 300gb sata2 x 2
tdk dvdr
samsung 904b lcd
thermaltake matrix case
3d Fuzion NVIDIA 7300GS PCIe256

Richard Hopkins

Okay, tell us what diagnostic steps you've taken so far John. Have you
connected the ATX12v and full 24 pin motherboard power connector?

Incidentally, what power supply are you using? The Matrix case doesn't
appear to be supplied with one so which is it?

Have you built it up in a minimal configuration (one stick of RAM, no
drives) outside the case? If you have, did it get any further into the POST
process?

Give us a bit more to work with and we'll be better placed to help
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom