New and older Opterons

Dan Irwin

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a high end opteron board, but before i shell
out the money i want to make sure that it'll be good for a while. Last
week i was reading an article in PcMag which talked about the timeline
for CPUs over the next two years(i'm starting to realize they put out
this article every year around now). Anyway, i was reading about the
new opterons slated to come out in the 4th Quarter of this year
codenamed Venus Troy and Athens for the 100, 200, and 800 series
respectively. Will motherboards out now be able to use these cpus? If
so will they also be able to us the next update codenamed Denmark
Italy and Egypt? I can't imagine the latter would be true, or anybody
would know at this time, but i'm curious about the first thing.

thx for the help,

dan

Lazarus

Before we can give you this information we need your codename!

"Dan Irwin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking about buying a high end opteron board, but before i shell
> out the money i want to make sure that it'll be good for a while. Last
> week i was reading an article in PcMag which talked about the timeline
> for CPUs over the next two years(i'm starting to realize they put out
> this article every year around now). Anyway, i was reading about the
> new opterons slated to come out in the 4th Quarter of this year
> codenamed Venus Troy and Athens for the 100, 200, and 800 series
> respectively. Will motherboards out now be able to use these cpus? If
> so will they also be able to us the next update codenamed Denmark
> Italy and Egypt? I can't imagine the latter would be true, or anybody
> would know at this time, but i'm curious about the first thing.
>
> thx for the help,
>
> dan

Dan Irwin

Dan

New and older Opterons Dan Irwin Epox 3 04-10-2004 02:40 AM
New and older Opterons Dan Irwin Abit 1 04-09-2004 11:58 PM
New and older Opterons Dan Irwin ECS 2 04-09-2004 01:56 PM
New and older Opterons Dan Irwin Asus 3 04-09-2004 01:54 PM
New and older Opterons Dan Irwin AOpen 0 04-09-2004 01:51 AM