New Athlon XP & old MSI Mobo

Didi

Hello,

2 years ago I bought a AMD Athlon 1500+ CPU together with an MSI mobo K7T266
Pro2 (AMD KT266A chipset based). Yesterday, I wasted that cpu ::damn::.
Now I want to buy a new cpu for that same mobo who supports cpu from
800mhz - 1800Mhz according the manual. However is it possible to run for
example a AMD Athlon XP 2200+ CPU on this mobo?

Thx
Didipub

Wes Newell

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:44:31 +0100, Didi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 2 years ago I bought a AMD Athlon 1500+ CPU together with an MSI mobo K7T266
> Pro2 (AMD KT266A chipset based). Yesterday, I wasted that cpu ::damn::.
> Now I want to buy a new cpu for that same mobo who supports cpu from
> 800mhz - 1800Mhz according the manual. However is it possible to run for
> example a AMD Athlon XP 2200+ CPU on this mobo?

Yes, but a 2400+ would be a better choice.

raj

all you have to do is go to msi home website it will tell you it, but yes it
will 266fsb hats what your mobo will acept you can run a 2400 on it if you
want.

"Didi" <didipub@@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4027c6ff$0$7030$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> 2 years ago I bought a AMD Athlon 1500+ CPU together with an MSI mobo

K7T266
> Pro2 (AMD KT266A chipset based). Yesterday, I wasted that cpu ::damn::.
> Now I want to buy a new cpu for that same mobo who supports cpu from
> 800mhz - 1800Mhz according the manual. However is it possible to run for
> example a AMD Athlon XP 2200+ CPU on this mobo?
>
> Thx
> Didipub

dgk

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 19:35:34 GMT, Wes Newell <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:44:31 +0100, Didi wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> 2 years ago I bought a AMD Athlon 1500+ CPU together with an MSI mobo K7T266
>> Pro2 (AMD KT266A chipset based). Yesterday, I wasted that cpu ::damn::.
>> Now I want to buy a new cpu for that same mobo who supports cpu from
>> 800mhz - 1800Mhz according the manual. However is it possible to run for
>> example a AMD Athlon XP 2200+ CPU on this mobo?
>>

>Yes, but a 2400+ would be a better choice.

Doesn't it matter which version of the board? I had the Pro2-RU
version but in order to have anything faster than a 2100 you needed to
lop off a capacitor or something. The plain U is apparently a later
revision and could run faster chips. I don't know what the plain Pro2
is offhand.

I did get a 2100 for my old MSI. It works great.

Wes Newell

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:04:50 -0500, dgk wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 19:35:34 GMT, Wes Newell <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:44:31 +0100, Didi wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> 2 years ago I bought a AMD Athlon 1500+ CPU together with an MSI mobo K7T266
>>> Pro2 (AMD KT266A chipset based). Yesterday, I wasted that cpu ::damn::.
>>> Now I want to buy a new cpu for that same mobo who supports cpu from
>>> 800mhz - 1800Mhz according the manual. However is it possible to run for
>>> example a AMD Athlon XP 2200+ CPU on this mobo?
>>>

>>Yes, but a 2400+ would be a better choice.

> Doesn't it matter which version of the board?

Shouldn't. MSI cpu support shows even V1 supporting up to 2600+ (266FSB
model).

John DKC

Why screw around you might have messed the motherboard up too.
go get a amd 64 and new mother board
if amd is the flavor of the day
"Didi" <didipub@@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4027c6ff$0$7030$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> 2 years ago I bought a AMD Athlon 1500+ CPU together with an MSI mobo

K7T266
> Pro2 (AMD KT266A chipset based). Yesterday, I wasted that cpu ::damn::.
> Now I want to buy a new cpu for that same mobo who supports cpu from
> 800mhz - 1800Mhz according the manual. However is it possible to run for
> example a AMD Athlon XP 2200+ CPU on this mobo?
>
> Thx
> Didipub

rstlne

"John DKC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why screw around you might have messed the motherboard up too.
> go get a amd 64 and new mother board
> if amd is the flavor of the day

And New Ram.. New PSU probably too.. You'll want a new HSF too as the old
one probably wont be good enough..
the older cases didnt have the PSU in a good spot really so you'll want a
new case to go with it..

Well damn..
Why not just buy a dell?

raj

cause dell system cost tooo much, just compar the compents in dell with
storebought and i gurantee you save lotsa a $$$ and even buy higher end
hardware to!
senn dell put a fx 5200 on a dell p4 3.06 wiht HT, adn y put shitty video
cards in a highend system!
"rstlne" <.@.> wrote in message
news:WI9Wb.3039$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "John DKC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Why screw around you might have messed the motherboard up too.
> > go get a amd 64 and new mother board
> > if amd is the flavor of the day

> And New Ram.. New PSU probably too.. You'll want a new HSF too as the old
> one probably wont be good enough..
> the older cases didnt have the PSU in a good spot really so you'll want a
> new case to go with it..
>
> Well damn..
> Why not just buy a dell?

rstlne

"raj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UHaWb.4030$(E-Mail Removed)...
> cause dell system cost tooo much, just compar the compents in dell with
> storebought and i gurantee you save lotsa a $$$ and even buy higher end
> hardware to!
> senn dell put a fx 5200 on a dell p4 3.06 wiht HT, adn y put shitty video
> cards in a highend system!

I was kinda having a pun at the Poster John..
But I think Dell is not that bad of a price when you consider that you get
the OS included and the great phone/tech support..

I would never buy one but I think that the company isnt that bad

nut cracker

Great phone/tech support? You must be a native Hindi speaker.

NuTs

news:LxdWb.3120$(E-Mail Removed)...