New Gateway's and USB Keyboards

Ikaros

I'm thinking of getting another keyboard to replace the default one that
comes with the FX530 after I buy it. I normally buy PS/2 connected keyboards
but I like a certain USB cabled one. I don't know if today's computers are
yet able to recognize USB keyboards during bootup to get to the computer
setup bios before Windows starts? I guess if not I can always have the
default GW keyboard on standby if I ever need to do that.

Ben Myers

Yes. Definitely. Some newer computers do not have PS/2 ports. USB keyboards
began to work well back in the Pentium 3 days... Ben Myers

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 22:50:35 -0400, "Ikaros" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm thinking of getting another keyboard to replace the default one that
>comes with the FX530 after I buy it. I normally buy PS/2 connected keyboards
>but I like a certain USB cabled one. I don't know if today's computers are
>yet able to recognize USB keyboards during bootup to get to the computer
>setup bios before Windows starts? I guess if not I can always have the
>default GW keyboard on standby if I ever need to do that.

Ikaros

Thanks Ben. Wasn't sure if new motherboards/bios had native support for USB
keyboards yet - before booting into Windows and getting USB support from
there. Good to hear that.

"Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes. Definitely. Some newer computers do not have PS/2 ports. USB
> keyboards
> began to work well back in the Pentium 3 days... Ben Myers
>
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 22:50:35 -0400, "Ikaros" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>I'm thinking of getting another keyboard to replace the default one that
>>comes with the FX530 after I buy it. I normally buy PS/2 connected
>>keyboards
>>but I like a certain USB cabled one. I don't know if today's computers are
>>yet able to recognize USB keyboards during bootup to get to the computer
>>setup bios before Windows starts? I guess if not I can always have the
>>default GW keyboard on standby if I ever need to do that.

BillW50

And those oldies that won't kick in the USB keyboard on boot, will if
you use one of those PS2 to USB adaptors.

--
Bill

news:(E-Mail Removed)