new laptop purchase

Observer

Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
$500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

Bob_Villa

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:42:04 AM UTC-5, Observer wrote:
> Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
> years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
> for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
> $500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
> sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
> wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

You should be able to get an i3 4Gb Inspiron 15R for $400 or less. From Dell that is.

Bob_Villa

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:42:04 AM UTC-5, Observer wrote:
> Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
> years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
> for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
> $500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
> sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
> wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

Walmart Dell http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Diamo...337750&veh=cse

Ron Hardin

I buy from the Dell small business outlet and find
pretty good machines there.

Latitude 6400/6500 seem to have a 3yr warranty.

Make up a small business name, if you don't have
one. For some reason they always want it.
--
(E-Mail Removed)

Boris

"Observer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
> years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
> for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
> $500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
> sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
> wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

I got this $400 Dell for my inlaws. I also prefer Dells. Nothing fancy,
but it's fast and so far reliable for email/browsing, etc. I bought it
at the BestBuy store. I almost bought one for myself as an extra. Good
luck.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+1...iron+Laptop+-+
4GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/5023069.p?id=1218608975854&skuId=
5023069

or

http://tinyurl.com/84hhnbu

Bob_Villa

On Friday, July 20, 2012 12:09:02 AM UTC-5, Boris wrote:
> &quot;Observer&quot; &lt;(E-Mail Removed)&gt; wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> &gt; Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
> &gt; years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
> &gt; for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
> &gt; $500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
> &gt; sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
> &gt; wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.
>
> I got this $400 Dell for my inlaws. I also prefer Dells. Nothing fancy,
> but it's fast and so far reliable for email/browsing, etc. I bought it
> at the BestBuy store. I almost bought one for myself as an extra. Good
> luck.
>
> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+1...iron+Laptop+-+
> 4GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/5023069.p?id=1218608975854&amp;skuId=
> 5023069
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/84hhnbu

I've had that one (bought from Dell) for a year...no problems. (Daughter's college notebook)

Observer

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:42:04 -0500, "Observer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
>years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
>for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
>$500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
>sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
>wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

Just a quick thanks for all the responses.

Larry

On Jul 20, 8:00*am, "Observer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:42:04 -0500, "Observer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
> >years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
> >for the wife? *Nothing fancy in useage. *I'm looking in the approx
> >$500 or less range. *Prefer Dells to others tho. *Any recommended
> >sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? * I checked Dell's outlet and
> >wasn't impressed. *I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

> Just a quick thanks for all the responses.

There are some dell laptops on Amazon as well.

Larry

Observer

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 05:09:02 +0000 (UTC), Boris
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Observer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
>> years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
>> for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
>> $500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
>> sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
>> wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

>I got this $400 Dell for my inlaws. I also prefer Dells. Nothing fancy,
>but it's fast and so far reliable for email/browsing, etc. I bought it
>at the BestBuy store. I almost bought one for myself as an extra. Good
>luck.

After shopping around on line, I decided to not make a big project out
of it and went to BB to buy this laptop. Like you said nothing fancy
but it works. It's for my wife so it's plenty good enough for her
needs. Thank you Boris.