New Laptop - Suggestions?

Al

Hi all,

I'm one of the many people undecided on which laptop to buy. So many brands,
so many chips, and so much to choose from. It is frustrating.

I'm looking for a machine that is: possibly less noisy as possible; good
performer with graphic works; not terribly heavy, but this is not a
priority; battery life at least 3 hours; DVD/R; widescreen at least 15", but
I'd prefer larger; in the budget of $2K.

I eve thought to switch to Mac's powerbook for a moment.

Which one to buy? I appreciate any suggestion.

Thank you

Dennis Savatski

Toshiba or HP with Athlon CPU

--
Dennis Savatski
"Al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TfBJb.133524$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>

> I'm one of the many people undecided on which laptop to buy. So many

brands,
> so many chips, and so much to choose from. It is frustrating.
>
> I'm looking for a machine that is: possibly less noisy as possible; good
> performer with graphic works; not terribly heavy, but this is not a
> priority; battery life at least 3 hours; DVD/R; widescreen at least 15",

but
> I'd prefer larger; in the budget of $2K.
>
> I eve thought to switch to Mac's powerbook for a moment.
>

> Which one to buy? I appreciate any suggestion.
>
> Thank you

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Roland_M=F6sl?=

> I'm one of the many people undecided on which laptop to buy. So many
brands,
> so many chips, and so much to choose from. It is frustrating.
>
> I'm looking for a machine that is: possibly less noisy as possible; good
> performer with graphic works; not terribly heavy, but this is not a
> priority; battery life at least 3 hours; DVD/R; widescreen at least 15",

but
> I'd prefer larger; in the budget of $2K.

Acer Travelmate 800 series

--
Roland Mösl
http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization

Michael J. Astrauskas

Al wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm one of the many people undecided on which laptop to buy. So many brands,
> so many chips, and so much to choose from. It is frustrating.
>
> I'm looking for a machine that is: possibly less noisy as possible; good
> performer with graphic works; not terribly heavy, but this is not a
> priority; battery life at least 3 hours; DVD/R; widescreen at least 15", but
> I'd prefer larger; in the budget of $2K.
>
> I eve thought to switch to Mac's powerbook for a moment.
>
> Which one to buy? I appreciate any suggestion.
>
> Thank you

A variety of Dell Inspirons may suit you. Look into the Inspiron 8600.
It features a 15.4" display with a very nice resolution and reasonable
battery life.

--
- Michael J. Astrauskas