New Matrox rt 100 card?

Steve

I'm getting ready to purchase a RT X 100 and was wondering if anyone knows
if
this is a good time to buy or should I wait and see if a next version comes
out (if ever).

I'm a full time professional editor and there is always the worry about
"when to buy" since NAB is still in progress.

Has anyone heard anything I might need to know?

--
Steve Wills
www.kyvideoservices.com

Steven Whatley

Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm getting ready to purchase a RT X 100 and was wondering if anyone knows
> if
> this is a good time to buy or should I wait and see if a next version comes
> out (if ever).

If the card was made by ATI or NVidia, I would say wait. Matrox is
different. They is very slow at coming out with new cards. They may go
5 to 8 years on one series of cards. Right now, Matrox is pumping out
mutations of their Parhelia and G450 cards.

Now that I said that, Matrox will probably come out iwth a sucessor to the
RT x100 next week. I'd say it is a safe bet to go with the RT x100 if
that is what will fit your needs.

Enjoy,
Steven

Larc

On 26 Apr 2004 22:35:07 GMT, Steven Whatley
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

| If the card was made by ATI or NVidia, I would say wait. Matrox is
| different. They is very slow at coming out with new cards. They may go
| 5 to 8 years on one series of cards. Right now, Matrox is pumping out
| mutations of their Parhelia and G450 cards.

Matrox reminds me of some of the better stereo speaker companies: many
of their products tend to age gracefully, almost like fine wines. I
replaced everything in my two systems several times since I bought my
Matrox cards. Admittedly, I did buy a new G450 recently since one of
my G400s couldn't handle 1.5V without a physical mod. But I was wary
about making that since every source I found on how to do it assumed
people were born knowing half of the steps already.

Larc

Steven Whatley

Larc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 26 Apr 2004 22:35:07 GMT, Steven Whatley
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> | If the card was made by ATI or NVidia, I would say wait. Matrox is
> | different. They is very slow at coming out with new cards. They may go
> | 5 to 8 years on one series of cards. Right now, Matrox is pumping out
> | mutations of their Parhelia and G450 cards.
>
> Matrox reminds me of some of the better stereo speaker companies: many
> of their products tend to age gracefully, almost like fine wines. I
> replaced everything in my two systems several times since I bought my
> Matrox cards. Admittedly, I did buy a new G450 recently since one of
> my G400s couldn't handle 1.5V without a physical mod. But I was wary
> about making that since every source I found on how to do it assumed
> people were born knowing half of the steps already.

Oh, I was not really complaing about Matrox in my comments. On the
contrary, I am very happy with my 128MB Parhelia-512. It is a great card.
Right now, I am playing URU: Ages Beyond MYST at 1600x1200 @ 32bit giga
color. It looks and plays great for a 3D real-time rendered world. I've
got a G450 in my Linux box and I put a G550 in the system I built for
parents. I plan to stay with Matrox as long as they stay in business.

As I have said many times, "Nobody does dual head like Matrox!"

Later,
Steven

Steve

I have heard that Matrox is going to coming out with a new RT 100 card and
wondered if anyone knew about it? Is it true?

news:408db680$0$1335$(E-Mail Removed)-pc.org...

matrox rtx 100 giovanni Matrox 3 05-25-2004 05:17 PM
Installing RTX 10/100 software, Matrox X.tools Dennis Hendrix Matrox 0 08-15-2003 02:05 PM
Re: K7S5A cpu/ram speed stuck at 100/100 - Help!! casual observer ECS 2 07-05-2003 07:55 PM
Re: K7S5A cpu/ram speed stuck at 100/100 - Help!! woody ECS 1 07-03-2003 02:01 AM
Re: K7S5A cpu/ram speed stuck at 100/100 - Help!! Shepİ ECS 0 07-03-2003 01:24 AM