New member - Queries on Pack Bell notebook B3605

Rich

Hi, I'm from the UK & I'm thinking of buying a Packard Bell notebook
B3605. It has an AMD3000+ Sempron & 512DDR ram (although 64mb is
shared with graphics), & a DVD RW multi-drive. On paper, it sounds
fine & I can get one at a good price.

However, I'm struggling to find out some technical & user info: -

1. Front Side Bus ? Can't find this anywhere?
2. The system uses 200 pin SODIMM P2700 memory modules & has 2 slots.
I'd like to upgrade to 1024mb DDR ram. Does the B3605 come with
1x512mb or 2x256mb of DDR ram. If the latter, it would make upgrading
expensive as you'd have to dump the 2 x 256 modules for 2x 512
modules!!
3. The screen is really glossy (described as a 'Diamond' screen). I
realise this is for greater clarity & more vivid colours, but has
anyone had experience with these screens, and do they badly reflect
causing user problems?
4. Is the Packard Bell B3605 a good laptop?

Many thanks

Rich

metronid

I do not like AMD processors

I know that some people love them

I would stay with intel..

Is the Sempron an OK processor
I guess so

Many low end laptops and desktops use shared memory
for video.

Unless you are a gamer it will not matter that much.

I have seen dell in their Dimension 2400 used 128 mb of ram and also share
video from it runinng XP

It runs but needs added memory from the get go

512-64=448 for running XP
That is Ok but more memory will be needed.

Xp is a memory junkie

Will it go to 1 or 2 gb is the question
Almost without doubt it will go 1GB

What is a good laptop.
Consumer reports is a good place to start.

One thing
Make sure you have a nice warranty

Laptops are not cheap to repair.

Here in the USA
You can pick up Celeron 1.4 and a lot extra
for around 500 give or take

And they are wireless

I have heard the PB has improved since they left the US

If I were in the UK
PB would not be on my list

Do they sell HP DELL GATEWAY or other brans there
Shop around

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi, I'm from the UK & I'm thinking of buying a Packard Bell notebook
> B3605. It has an AMD3000+ Sempron & 512DDR ram (although 64mb is
> shared with graphics), & a DVD RW multi-drive. On paper, it sounds
> fine & I can get one at a good price.
>
> However, I'm struggling to find out some technical & user info: -
>
> 1. Front Side Bus ? Can't find this anywhere?
> 2. The system uses 200 pin SODIMM P2700 memory modules & has 2 slots.
> I'd like to upgrade to 1024mb DDR ram. Does the B3605 come with
> 1x512mb or 2x256mb of DDR ram. If the latter, it would make upgrading
> expensive as you'd have to dump the 2 x 256 modules for 2x 512
> modules!!
> 3. The screen is really glossy (described as a 'Diamond' screen). I
> realise this is for greater clarity & more vivid colours, but has
> anyone had experience with these screens, and do they badly reflect
> causing user problems?
> 4. Is the Packard Bell B3605 a good laptop?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Rich

Eiron

Rich wrote:

> 4. Is the Packard Bell B3605 a good laptop?

No Packard Bell is a good laptop.

--
Eiron

I have no spirit to play with you; your dearth of judgment renders you
tedious - Ben Jonson.

new member mr.bhoot.ji@gmail.com Apple 0 02-17-2008 11:26 AM
new member mr.bhoot.ji@gmail.com Apple 2 02-16-2008 09:26 PM
Some more basic notebook/wireless queries MB_ Dell 7 09-11-2005 12:04 AM
Attn: Metronid, did you see the photo from our member on the yahoo group? Elector Packard Bell 2 10-25-2003 06:00 AM
nVidia elected as permanent voting member of OGLArchitecture review board i'm_tired Nvidia 0 10-10-2003 03:14 PM