New mobo installed but no display.

news.blueyonder.co.uk

I've just installed a GA-7N400 PRO 2.0

So far the CPU & fan, memory, FDD, power switch and Radeon 9500 Pro is
connected.

However when I power up, there is no display. The green light on my monitor
just flashes. My 9500 was working fine on my Asus mobo. The system memory
light is on to indicate that my DIMMs are working.

Have I missed something? I'm praying that my 9500 is compatible although I
can't see any links on Gigabyte's site for compatibility issues. Please
help!

Thanks for your attention and any advice you can give me.

David

Blaedmon

check on the Gigabyte site the ago slot ISNT 1.5v only. I'm not sure, but
arent radeon 9500's 1.7v? Worth a check anyway.

"news.blueyonder.co.uk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aKbcd.92296$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> I've just installed a GA-7N400 PRO 2.0
>
> So far the CPU & fan, memory, FDD, power switch and Radeon 9500 Pro is
> connected.
>
> However when I power up, there is no display. The green light on my
> monitor
> just flashes. My 9500 was working fine on my Asus mobo. The system memory
> light is on to indicate that my DIMMs are working.
>
> Have I missed something? I'm praying that my 9500 is compatible although I
> can't see any links on Gigabyte's site for compatibility issues. Please
> help!
>
> Thanks for your attention and any advice you can give me.
>
> David

Billy

Did you read the very first page of
your manual? It says it will not work with agp video card that has the 3.3
volt or 2X notch or jumper set at 3.3 volt.

"news.blueyonder.co.uk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aKbcd.92296$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> I've just installed a GA-7N400 PRO 2.0
>
> So far the CPU & fan, memory, FDD, power switch and Radeon 9500 Pro is
> connected.
>
> However when I power up, there is no display. The green light on my

monitor
> just flashes. My 9500 was working fine on my Asus mobo. The system memory
> light is on to indicate that my DIMMs are working.
>
> Have I missed something? I'm praying that my 9500 is compatible although I
> can't see any links on Gigabyte's site for compatibility issues. Please
> help!
>
> Thanks for your attention and any advice you can give me.
>
> David

David

It's okay, I've solved the problem and it's far more embarrassing than I
thought: I forgot to plug in the 12v ATX power connector! My Asus and other
previous mobos never had one of these. Now I know what that square connector
is for that I always find with the rest of the power connectors in a case!
You live and learn eh?

Thanks anyway.

David

P.S. I've got another problem, please see in group.

"news.blueyonder.co.uk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aKbcd.92296$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> I've just installed a GA-7N400 PRO 2.0
>
> So far the CPU & fan, memory, FDD, power switch and Radeon 9500 Pro is
> connected.
>
> However when I power up, there is no display. The green light on my
> monitor
> just flashes. My 9500 was working fine on my Asus mobo. The system memory
> light is on to indicate that my DIMMs are working.
>
> Have I missed something? I'm praying that my 9500 is compatible although I
> can't see any links on Gigabyte's site for compatibility issues. Please
> help!
>
> Thanks for your attention and any advice you can give me.
>
> David

Brett...

David wrote:
> It's okay, I've solved the problem and it's far more embarrassing
> than I thought: I forgot to plug in the 12v ATX power connector! My
> Asus and other previous mobos never had one of these. Now I know what
> that square connector is for that I always find with the rest of the
> power connectors in a case! You live and learn eh?

Hey I did this myself just last week!
My previos Asus Athlon mb didn't have the ATX socket either!
I bet you felt a sudden rush of joy when you spotted that empty socket, I
know I did!

--

Brett

MoTheCat

Brett... Wrote:
> David wrote:-
> It's okay, I've solved the problem and it's far more embarrassing
> than I thought: I forgot to plug in the 12v ATX power connector! My
> Asus and other previous mobos never had one of these. Now I know what
> that square connector is for that I always find with the rest of the
> power connectors in a case! You live and learn eh?
> -
>
> Hey I did this myself just last week!
> My previos Asus Athlon mb didn't have the ATX socket either!
> I bet you felt a sudden rush of joy when you spotted that empty socket
> know I did!
>
> --
>
> Brett

So Glad I'm not the only one that did this.
At first I looked at the connector coming out of the new power suppl
and said "don't need that - P4 connector". And cable wrapped it awa
with the other unused ones. Fired the rig up - no video of course.
Unplugged every darn device on the rig, swapped out video cards an
juggled memory to no avail. I figured I had to go return the board
then I looked up at this lonely little connector up in the corner
"Awww hell - I can't be that jerky". Yep - I CAN.

Needless to say I was relieved. Just hoping starting it up that man
times without the 12v connected didn't hose anything up

--
MoTheCat