new pc wont start up

Siegefinder

I recently bought a new cpu and mobo combo ( asrock k7s8xe with an amd
athlon xp 2700). I placed everything in the case ( video card, cd-rom,
hard drive)
tryed to start it up, nothin happens, other then the fans startin up
to like half a second. Please help I'v tryed everything.

Aaron

(E-Mail Removed) (Siegefinder) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I recently bought a new cpu and mobo combo ( asrock k7s8xe with an amd
> athlon xp 2700). I placed everything in the case ( video card, cd-rom,
> hard drive)
> tryed to start it up, nothin happens, other then the fans startin up
> to like half a second. Please help I'v tryed everything.

Take out everything, and try booting with only the motherboard. It
should give error that it wants RAM, put that in. Then boot, and it
will beep for video card. Satisfy it's needs. After you get the BIOS
then (you should), add other things one at a time.

Aaron

Zebedee

"Aaron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Siegefinder) wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...

> Take out everything, and try booting with only the motherboard. It
> should give error that it wants RAM, put that in. Then boot, and it
> will beep for video card. Satisfy it's needs. After you get the BIOS
> then (you should), add other things one at a time.

It could be a bad CPU. I had a bad AMD 2000. It looked a bit funny when I
bought it. I put it in and it went for a few minutes than went phut. I had
exaclty the same symptoms.

--
Yours

Zebedee

(Claiming asylum in an attempt
to escape paying his debts to
Dougal and Florence)

lowTheoryhighLogic

(E-Mail Removed) (Siegefinder) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I recently bought a new cpu and mobo combo ( asrock k7s8xe with an amd
> athlon xp 2700). I placed everything in the case ( video card, cd-rom,
> hard drive)
> tryed to start it up, nothin happens, other then the fans startin up
> to like half a second. Please help I'v tryed everything.

ur cpu (the AMD chip) is probebly not working, this happens often
enough in new PCs especailly assembled ones. get a replacement. the
second possibliity might be the motherboard itself. just send both of
them back to the place u ordered them from and get replacements. the
thrid and most irratating one of them all is that ur powersource
doesnt work. this is the least likely of the three and hence the last
to be tested and HENCE THE MOST IRRITATING cause u have already pspent
al that time checking the other aspects
if u have just bought it from a shop go back and tell them it is
****ed up. if it is assembled u have to replace the parts.

Doom 3 wont start new game harryguy082589 ATI 2 03-08-2005 02:49 PM
AV8 Wont Start Up Glenn Abit 1 02-18-2005 04:27 PM
System time wont update P4C800-E, seconds wont tick Ian Asus 3 10-02-2004 09:57 PM
Problem with ap5tc which wont start Licensed to Quill AOpen 6 08-31-2003 01:40 PM
Re: p4c800 wont start Lasse Lundberg Asus 1 07-04-2003 07:38 AM