New system with supermicro X7DBE-0 motherboard often wont show biosscreen or boot up

markm75

I just received a new Rev2 X7DBE-O motherboard, I also flashed it with
the latest bios from supermicro(these problems were occurring before
and after the flash)..

Here is what I have running on the board as of now:
Controller card for all harddrives (sataII 500gb Seagate 32mb drives):
areca arc-1231ML 12 port pci-e x8.
Memory: KVR667D2D8F5/2G x 4 sets (8gb total)
CPU: Two: Xeon DP Quad Core E5420 (harpertown 2.5 GHZ 80W) with
heatsink / fan; 12MB cache
Chasis: Supermicro SC826TQ-R800LPB

The problem:

Often, when I turn the system on, it wont boot up, there is no beeps
to indicate a problem either.. I see the lights flashing on the unit,
but no screen or bios appears.. if I shut it down and turn it back on,
it always comes back on so far.

IE: Ill be in remotely to the system, I'll do a remote desktop
shutdown.. it goes to reboot.. I wait a few minutes.. attempt to ping
it from another machine.. it doesn't ping.. if I then go into the
server room, I see it is on, but cant get the screen to come on..

Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this issue? Or could it be a
faulty motherboard?

(Supermicro tech support is out till mid next week).. looking for
someone who may have had this happen with some ideas for now...

Thanks

HiThere

Gee, you seem to have a problem that I've seen before on several systems,
not all SM, however. Just a guess, but it could be your Power Supply. I
assume you're using the one that came with the Chassis. You'd think that
one would be OK, but I have had problems with their PS before. I say this
because if it will boot at all and then run OK, I'd guess your HardWare is
OK. A lot of this new stuff is getting reallllll sensitive about power.

I currently am using their X7DA-E+ Mobo as my main system at home. Got two
Xeon Dual Core's and 6GB RAM. This board only has 6 slots. It's in their
SC743T-645 Chassis. I'm also using an Adaptec 2420SA (64bit PCI Slot)
controller for a RAID 5 configure of 4 500GB HDD. I turned off the audio
and add a Sound Blaster Gamer sound card. I don't think I'm ever touched a
faster system in OVERALL performance. Oh, I have two ATI 2600 Video cards
in X-Fire mode. The 64Bit Vista shows 5.9 on all scales for System ratings.
It's also got the stock 645W SM Power Supply.

Good Luck