Newbie Help: Building a7n8x-e for the first time?

jett

Can I use a SATA Hard drive as the only hard disk. I have 1 seagate
160 gig sata drive is it possible to hook this drive up as the only
hard drive in the system?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rivergoat

Yes. I just built the same board and am using a smaller SATA, but
started as my only drive. Be sure the jumpers on the mobo enable the
SATA controller, and in BIOS you can set the first hard drive boot
device as SCSI (although it appears if you leave off all hds and
enable "boot other device" it will also look to the SATA). Don't ever
add another drive which has a MBR as it will try to boot first no
matter what, I had that when I tossed in an older 30GB IDE. Once I
wiped it and reformetted as strictly a storage drive it doesn't try to
boot and is seen fine by the system.