rstlne

Curious about a few thigns here

The new Chips.. (AppleBreds, Bartons, Thoroughbred) .. that are being sold..
Are they all the SAME core..

Just curious cause I got a 2000+ Thoroughbred for a old system as a
replacement and it's got this new transparent kinda case that hte
newerBartons and AppleBreds have..

So it makes me wonder if they are still making the Thoroughbreds or if they
are just doing a Re-Lable of the Bartons..

The core doesnt look as lenglty as it does on my Barton so I am just curious
to what hte answer is (if anyone knows)..
Regards
rstlne

Wes Newell

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:44:23 +0000, wrote:

> The core doesnt look as lenglty as it does on my Barton so I am just curious
> to what hte answer is (if anyone knows)..

Check CPUID. it doesn't lie afaik.

Doug Whitesell

I advise you to do what Wes reccomends; get WCPUID because it doesn't lie.

The Barton cores are higher performance at lower clock rates and have more
L2 cache IIRC. Applebred cores have way less L2 than Bartons/Tbreds because
they are intended to compete with Intel's Celeron processor.

--
Doug Whitesell
zigspalffy33 [at_symbol] verizon [dot] net

"rstlne" <.@.> wrote in message
news:hlVSb.14782$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Curious about a few thigns here
>

> The new Chips.. (AppleBreds, Bartons, Thoroughbred) .. that are being

sold..
> Are they all the SAME core..
>
> Just curious cause I got a 2000+ Thoroughbred for a old system as a
> replacement and it's got this new transparent kinda case that hte
> newerBartons and AppleBreds have..
>
> So it makes me wonder if they are still making the Thoroughbreds or if

they
> are just doing a Re-Lable of the Bartons..
>
> The core doesnt look as lenglty as it does on my Barton so I am just

curious
> to what hte answer is (if anyone knows)..
> Regards
> rstlne

rstlne

"Wes Newell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) ...
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:44:23 +0000, wrote:
>
> > The core doesnt look as lenglty as it does on my Barton so I am just

curious
> > to what hte answer is (if anyone knows)..

> Check CPUID. it doesn't lie afaik.
>
> --
> http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.html

Yea..
CPUID shows it as a Model 8.. so that says non-barton..
But that just makes me wonder if these chips (at least in the unpackaged
form) are still being stored/produced..