Newegg doubles price!

Wes Newell

I'm a little ****ed about this. Newegg has raiseed the price of the
TR2-M1 cooler from $8.99 to $15.99. The only reason I can see for this is
the popularity and the five star ratings in 40 reviews. This cooler can
still be bought for $8-$12 elsewhere. The TR2-M2 is now $3 cheaper than
the M1, but it's noisier.

Ben Pope

Wes Newell wrote:
> I'm a little ****ed about this. Newegg has raiseed the price of the
> TR2-M1 cooler from $8.99 to $15.99. The only reason I can see for this is
> the popularity and the five star ratings in 40 reviews. This cooler can
> still be bought for $8-$12 elsewhere. The TR2-M2 is now $3 cheaper than
> the M1, but it's noisier.

....so buy it elsewhere.

Ben

johny

Not everything at newegg is cheaper than other places, thats why you gotta
shop around. There are things that newegg sells at retail price, other
things are 25% cheaper. Example: AMD Athlon 64 2800+ boxed, Newegg sells it
for $185, local retailer sells it for $239.99

Shop around.

"Ben Pope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wes Newell wrote:
> > I'm a little ****ed about this. Newegg has raiseed the price of the
> > TR2-M1 cooler from $8.99 to $15.99. The only reason I can see for this

is
> > the popularity and the five star ratings in 40 reviews. This cooler can
> > still be bought for $8-$12 elsewhere. The TR2-M2 is now $3 cheaper than
> > the M1, but it's noisier.

> ...so buy it elsewhere.
>
> Ben
> --

Dennis E Strausser Jr

"johny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Not everything at newegg is cheaper than other places, thats why you gotta
> shop around. There are things that newegg sells at retail price, other
> things are 25% cheaper. Example: AMD Athlon 64 2800+ boxed, Newegg sells

it
> for $185, local retailer sells it for $239.99
>
> Shop around.
>

> "Ben Pope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Wes Newell wrote:
> > > I'm a little ****ed about this. Newegg has raiseed the price of the
> > > TR2-M1 cooler from $8.99 to $15.99. The only reason I can see for this

> is
> > > the popularity and the five star ratings in 40 reviews. This cooler

can
> > > still be bought for $8-$12 elsewhere. The TR2-M2 is now $3 cheaper

than
> > > the M1, but it's noisier.

> > ...so buy it elsewhere.
> >
> > Ben
> > --
> > A7N8X FAQ: www.ben.pope.name/a7n8x_faq.html
> > Questions by email will likely be ignored, please use the newsgroups.
> > I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a String...

every1 does that now days. sell one thing for less, others for more.
as long as you got a few ppl paying too much, your going to make out.
And still be able to sell some things for less.
I know this almost too well....

Denny. :-)

phsstpok

Wes Newell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.07.06.01.20.03.526654@TAKEOUTverizo n.net>...
> I'm a little ****ed about this. Newegg has raiseed the price of the
> TR2-M1 cooler from $8.99 to $15.99. The only reason I can see for this is
> the popularity and the five star ratings in 40 reviews. This cooler can
> still be bought for $8-$12 elsewhere. The TR2-M2 is now $3 cheaper than
> the M1, but it's noisier.

They did the same thing right after I purchased the GlacialTech Igloo
2500 (non-pro) about a year and half ago. One week it's $15 with free
shipping, the next week $25, after building a long list of glowing
reviews (mine wasn't one of them).

GlacialTech seems to have disappeared from the US market in the
meantime.

German News Server

That's really an odd attitude. Why does NewEgg owe you a good price? Do
you have a special relationship with them in some way or are you a consumer
just like the rest of us? It's always "Buyer Beware", and it's no different
when you are dealing with Newegg than when you buy from anyone else.
d.

"Wes Newell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsan.2004.07.06.01.20.03.526654@TAKEOUTverizon .net...
> I'm a little ****ed about this. Newegg has raiseed the price

snip.......

Ken Maltby

> "Wes Newell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsan.2004.07.06.01.20.03.526654@TAKEOUTverizon .net...
> > I'm a little ****ed about this. Newegg has raiseed the price

> snip.......

"German News Server" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That's really an odd attitude. Why does NewEgg owe you a good price? Do
> you have a special relationship with them in some way or are you a

consumer
> just like the rest of us? It's always "Buyer Beware", and it's no

different
> when you are dealing with Newegg than when you buy from anyone else.
> d.

Newegg had themselves established a special position within
this community, and I think Wes was just pointing out that
this, regrettably, may no longer be the case. It could be looked
upon as an announcement that your last sentence above is in full
effect.

Luck;
Ken

fish

try www.mwave.com

"Ken Maltby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40f80d8d$0$62129$(E-Mail Removed) m...

> > "Wes Newell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > newsan.2004.07.06.01.20.03.526654@TAKEOUTverizon .net...
> > > I'm a little ****ed about this. Newegg has raiseed the price

> > snip.......
> >

> "German News Server" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > That's really an odd attitude. Why does NewEgg owe you a good price?

Do
> > you have a special relationship with them in some way or are you a

> consumer
> > just like the rest of us? It's always "Buyer Beware", and it's no

> different
> > when you are dealing with Newegg than when you buy from anyone else.
> > d.

> Newegg had themselves established a special position within
> this community, and I think Wes was just pointing out that
> this, regrettably, may no longer be the case. It could be looked
> upon as an announcement that your last sentence above is in full
> effect.
>
> Luck;
> Ken

rstlne

"Wes Newell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsan.2004.07.06.01.20.03.526654@TAKEOUTverizon .net...
> I'm a little ****ed about this. Newegg has raiseed the price of the
> TR2-M1 cooler from $8.99 to $15.99. The only reason I can see for this is
> the popularity and the five star ratings in 40 reviews. This cooler can
> still be bought for $8-$12 elsewhere. The TR2-M2 is now $3 cheaper than
> the M1, but it's noisier.
>
> --

Hey wes, they moved it back to 9.99
:P

Wes Newell

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 21:26:24 +0000, wrote:

> "Wes Newell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Newegg has raiseed the price of the TR2-M1 cooler from $8.99 to
>> $15.99.

> Hey wes, they moved it back to 9.99
> :P

Yep, I noticed that. Maybe it does help to bitch.:-)