Newest card with RGB TV output

-=

I'm gathering together a parts list to build a HTPC. As I'm in Europe, the
best connection I can get to my TV is by RGB SCART. I understand that with a
little wiring job, the old G400 could output to RGB SCART. However, I was
wondering, are there any newer Matrox cards that have this capability?

Richard Hopkins

"-=< a q u a b u b b l e >=-" wrote in message...
> I'm gathering together a parts list to build a HTPC. As I'm in Europe, the
> best connection I can get to my TV is by RGB SCART. I understand
> that with a little wiring job, the old G400 could output to RGB SCART.
> However, I was wondering, are there any newer Matrox cards that have
> this capability?

Don't know for certain about the G450 and 550, although my strong belief is
that they don't.

Parhelia and P650/P750 definitely can't, although it is possible to wire up
one of the VGA outputs via a sync generator and define a custom resolution,
effectively producing the same thing.

G400 has the best TV output quality of any recent Matrox cards anyway, due
to separate maven chip, so if you don't need any of the extra bells and
whistles in the newer cards, your best bet is simply to get a '400 nice and
cheap off eBay.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

-=

Richard Hopkins wrote:
> "-=< a q u a b u b b l e >=-" wrote in message...
>> I'm gathering together a parts list to build a HTPC. As I'm in
>> Europe, the best connection I can get to my TV is by RGB SCART. I
>> understand that with a little wiring job, the old G400 could output to
>> RGB
>> SCART. However, I was wondering, are there any newer Matrox cards
>> that have this capability?

> Don't know for certain about the G450 and 550, although my strong
> belief is that they don't.
>
> Parhelia and P650/P750 definitely can't, although it is possible to
> wire up one of the VGA outputs via a sync generator and define a
> custom resolution, effectively producing the same thing.
>
> G400 has the best TV output quality of any recent Matrox cards
> anyway, due to separate maven chip, so if you don't need any of the
> extra bells and whistles in the newer cards, your best bet is simply
> to get a '400 nice and cheap off eBay.

Thanks for that info Richard! )

Since I'll be using this for a HTPC system, are you able to comment on how
the tv-out performs with interlacing?

PC TV-Out: RGB AND Audio -> RGB Scart on TV? Shug Nvidia 12 01-23-2007 11:02 PM
RGB SCART output from NVIDIA 6150 on Asus MB Lars Bonnesen Nvidia 0 05-02-2006 06:20 AM
RGB TV output on Radeons? -= ATI 5 11-15-2004 03:53 PM
VGA RGB -> SCART RGB for 6800 GT We Pretty Nvidia 0 10-18-2004 12:52 PM
FX5xxx TV output, is it PAL RGB Scart compliant? Crow Nvidia 0 06-27-2004 08:46 PM