Hasj Pee

Hello!

I have received my NF-7 motherboard and next week my 2400+ Sempron will
arrive.
The bios on my NF-7 is older, so it does not support the Sempron CPU's yet.
My question is: can I update to the latest bios (which supports the Sempron
series) with my 2400+ Sempron in the NF-7? Or do I need an older CPU (Athlon
XP or something like that) for the flash?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Hasj Pee

Martin Pick

"Hasj Pee" <hasjpee*NOSPAM*@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:41987502$0$9734$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello!
>
> I have received my NF-7 motherboard and next week my 2400+ Sempron will
> arrive.
> The bios on my NF-7 is older, so it does not support the Sempron CPU's
> yet.
> My question is: can I update to the latest bios (which supports the
> Sempron series) with my 2400+ Sempron in the NF-7? Or do I need an older
> CPU (Athlon XP or something like that) for the flash?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Hasj Pee

The sempron will work but you will have to manually set the FSB to 333MHz,
they are multiplier locked so don`t worry about that. you can then update
the bios to show it as a sempron. Bios 26 I think we`re up to now. Make sure
you get the right bios as the NF-7 comes in 2 revisions. I think all new
NF-7`s are rev.2 anyway but check on the abit website that you`ve got the
right one

Hasj Pee

"Martin Pick" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Hasj Pee" <hasjpee*NOSPAM*@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:41987502$0$9734$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have received my NF-7 motherboard and next week my 2400+ Sempron will
>> arrive.
>> The bios on my NF-7 is older, so it does not support the Sempron CPU's
>> yet.
>> My question is: can I update to the latest bios (which supports the
>> Sempron series) with my 2400+ Sempron in the NF-7? Or do I need an older
>> CPU (Athlon XP or something like that) for the flash?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Hasj Pee
>>

> The sempron will work but you will have to manually set the FSB to 333MHz,
> they are multiplier locked so don`t worry about that. you can then update
> the bios to show it as a sempron. Bios 26 I think we`re up to now. Make
> sure you get the right bios as the NF-7 comes in 2 revisions. I think all
> new NF-7`s are rev.2 anyway but check on the abit website that you`ve got
> the right one

Ok, thank you very much!!!

I have the revision 2.0

Kind regards,

Hasj Pee

Wes Newell

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:21:22 +0100, Hasj Pee wrote:

> I have received my NF-7 motherboard and next week my 2400+ Sempron will
> arrive.

Cancel the Sempron order if you can and get an Athlon XP. See Sempron in
link in sig line for reason.

> The bios on my NF-7 is older, so it does not support the Sempron CPU's
> yet. My question is: can I update to the latest bios (which supports the
> Sempron series) with my 2400+ Sempron in the NF-7? Or do I need an older
> CPU (Athlon XP or something like that) for the flash?

Socket A Semprons aren't new cores, they're just old XP's and should be
reported as such by an older bios. You really need to read about Semprons
in link below. The Sempron 2400+ is really a 2000+ XP.