NF7-M S-video decoder

Jiawei Toh

I just received an NF7-M through the mail and I have a question about the
header for the S-video pinouts:

Where the &^%$ are they!? I see where they are supposed to be, but no
header!

Is the TV decoder still in there?

If so, is there any way I can tap into it?

Man, this sucks.

Jiawei

Jef Norton

"Jiawei Toh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|I just received an NF7-M through the mail and I have a question about the
| header for the S-video pinouts:
|
| Where the &^%$ are they!? I see where they are supposed to be, but no
| header!
|
| Is the TV decoder still in there?
|
| If so, is there any way I can tap into it?
|
| Man, this sucks.
|
| Jiawei

Hi Jiawei -

See page 3-19 of the motherboard manual (don't have one: download it from
http://www.abit.com.tw).

The S-Video connector is immediately below the ATX12V1 4-wire auxiliary
power connector and to the right of the ATXPWR1 20-wire power connector
(when the back panel connectors are facing away from you).

The pinout is as follows:

pin 1: COUT
pin 2: no pin
pin 3: NC
pin 4: VOUT
pin 5: GND
pin 6: GND

Jef

Jiawei Toh

Thanks for the reply, Jef.

I do see where it is supposed to be: It's labeled "TV1" - a square with
5 solder dots but no header. The manual I downloaded does indeed
specify it, but the manual that came with the board does not mention it
(page 3-19 is the BIOS section).

Checking back at newegg.com, the specs on their page no longer list "TV
encoder." Guess someone at ABIT thinks analog TV's are obsolete. Not
on my budget!

Jiawei

| Thanks for the reply, Jef.
|
| I do see where it is supposed to be: It's labeled "TV1" - a square with
| 5 solder dots but no header. The manual I downloaded does indeed
| specify it, but the manual that came with the board does not mention it
| (page 3-19 is the BIOS section).
|
| Checking back at newegg.com, the specs on their page no longer list "TV
| encoder." Guess someone at ABIT thinks analog TV's are obsolete. Not
| on my budget!
|
| Jiawei

Hi Jiawei -

That's interesting. My manual (and the .pdf version from Abit's download
page) lists the S-video as optional... so I guess, for some reason, I've got
a board with one.

Maybe they've dropped the S-video from more recent boards???

Sorry to hear that you've not got the connector since you need it.

Jef

What DVD decoder does (should?) my Latitude C640 have ? Fred Mau Dell 1 05-12-2005 09:12 PM
DVD decoder? Dave Dell 6 12-23-2004 11:15 PM
No DVD decoder with new note book eh! Compaq 4 10-01-2004 10:27 AM
DVD Decoder card Ted Burford Compaq 2 01-09-2004 06:43 AM
Help me: i need a driver for gateway 9100 (DVD DECODER) Capitano Gateway 0 08-06-2003 09:07 AM