NF7-S Can't Clear CMOS

James Turner

Recently I purchased a new sempron2400+ and installed it. The processor
wouldn't run, it run for 10 ro 20 seconds and shutdown so I put back the Amd
850GHz processor that I had on the motherboard before the new Sempron, and
attempted to save the bios back to the 850GHz speed the computer stoped
during the save and I shutdown and rebooted and have not been able to get to
the bios any more

Help please?

CC James Turner

James Turner

And to my recently posted request; My computer comes on and stands in a
state that is running but the hard disk LED is lighted and no information
appears at all on the screen or monitor screen. I would really like to get
some sort of addvice on this if someone out there might be able to help.

Thanks all

cc (E-Mail Removed)
"James Turner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gT6ph.5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Recently I purchased a new sempron2400+ and installed it. The processor
> wouldn't run, it run for 10 ro 20 seconds and shutdown so I put back the
> Amd 850GHz processor that I had on the motherboard before the new Sempron,
> and attempted to save the bios back to the 850GHz speed the computer
> stoped during the save and I shutdown and rebooted and have not been able
> to get to the bios any more
>
> Help please?
>
> CC James Turner

James Turner

I have also tried many thing to get the bios to clear: I changed the jumper
from 1-2 to 2-3 and back again, did the start process by holding down the
insert key and removed the battry from the motherboard, and still can't get
the system to load even the bios

please cc (E-Mail Removed)

"James Turner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gT6ph.5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Recently I purchased a new sempron2400+ and installed it. The processor
> wouldn't run, it run for 10 ro 20 seconds and shutdown so I put back the
> Amd 850GHz processor that I had on the motherboard before the new Sempron,
> and attempted to save the bios back to the 850GHz speed the computer
> stoped during the save and I shutdown and rebooted and have not been able
> to get to the bios any more
>
> Help please?
>
> CC James Turner

Bird JanitorŪ

James Turner wrote:

| Recently I purchased a new sempron2400+ and installed it. The
| processor wouldn't run, it run for 10 ro 20 seconds and shutdown
| so I put back the Amd 850GHz processor that I had on the mother-
| board before the new Sempron, and attempted to save the bios
| back to the 850GHz speed the computer stoped during the save
| and I shutdown and rebooted and have not been able to get to
| the bios any more
|
| Help please?
|
| CC James Turner

Hi James -

Unfortunately, from your description of things, your BIOS has gone corrupt.
If the computer simply stops during the save (when the big red banner is on
the screen) you're boned and either need a new BIOS chip or a reflash
external to your board.

I have written a page that discusses recovering from the BootBlock BIOS
(which won't help) .. but later on the page I go on to discuss a number of
options regarding hot-flashing or obtaining a new BIOS chip from Abit.

Have a look at http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/bootblock.html

Sorry for the bad news.

Jef

James Turner wrote:
> Recently I purchased a new sempron2400+ and installed it. The processor
> wouldn't run, it run for 10 ro 20 seconds and shutdown so I put back the Amd
> 850GHz processor that I had on the motherboard before the new Sempron, and
> attempted to save the bios back to the 850GHz speed the computer stoped
> during the save and I shutdown and rebooted and have not been able to get to
> the bios any more
>
> Help please?
>
> CC James Turner

You can try creating a flash disk the way you normally would, then add
an autoexec.bat file that has the flash command and all of the necessary
switches in it. I have saved a few bad BIOS flashes this way. There are
instructions for the proper switches on the Abit site.

Chris

James Turner

Hell Bird Man,
I have received my new bios chip and now the alarm is ring non-stop. What
can I do to stop this? When I got the new chip and installed it I was
getting some bios lock ups sometimes before the detection of the hard drive
and sometimes after I had intered into the bios. Hope that there is
something that I can do to correct this. Over all the board is working well
except for the alarm.

Thanks for any and all help

James' Corrupt Bios

"Bird JanitorŪ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:ae9ph.61355$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> James Turner wrote:
> |
> | Recently I purchased a new sempron2400+ and installed it. The
> | processor wouldn't run, it run for 10 ro 20 seconds and shutdown
> | so I put back the Amd 850GHz processor that I had on the mother-
> | board before the new Sempron, and attempted to save the bios
> | back to the 850GHz speed the computer stoped during the save
> | and I shutdown and rebooted and have not been able to get to
> | the bios any more
> |
> | Help please?
> |
> | CC James Turner
> |

> Hi James -
>
> Unfortunately, from your description of things, your BIOS has gone
> corrupt.
> If the computer simply stops during the save (when the big red banner is
> on
> the screen) you're boned and either need a new BIOS chip or a reflash
> external to your board.
>
> I have written a page that discusses recovering from the BootBlock BIOS
> (which won't help) .. but later on the page I go on to discuss a number of
> options regarding hot-flashing or obtaining a new BIOS chip from Abit.
>
> Have a look at http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/bootblock.html
>
> Sorry for the bad news.
>
> Jef

Bird JanitorŪ

James Turner wrote:

| Hell Bird Man,
| I have received my new bios chip and now the alarm is ring non-stop.
| What can I do to stop this? When I got the new chip and installed it
| I was getting some bios lock ups sometimes before the detection of
| the hard drive and sometimes after I had intered into the bios. Hope
| that there is something that I can do to correct this. Over all the board
| is working well except for the alarm.
|
| Thanks for any and all help
|
| James' Corrupt Bios

Hi James -

I didn't know there were any birds (or bird men) in Hell... ;-}

In any event, could you describe the beeping you're getting, in terms of the
following list:

Jef

Basic Beep Codes for ABIT AWARD BIOS Motherboards

No beep at all - this means your motherboard is dead, either due to a
defective or underpowered power supply, poorly seated CPU or RAM, or a
dead-on-arrival board

1 short (Beep) System booting is normally

1 long beep then machine shuts down - faulty, improperly installed or
missing CPU

2 short (Beep) CMOS setting error

1 long - 1 short (Beep) DRAM ERROR

1 long - 2 short (Beep) Display card or monitor connected error

1 long - 3 short (Beep) Keyboard Error

1 long - 9 short (Beep) ROM Error

Long (Beep) continuous - DRAM isn't inserted correctly

Short (Beep) continuous - POWER supply has a problem

A two-tone siren - generally caused by overheating or out of specification
voltages

Four beeps then machine shuts down - this is because this version of the
BIOS will shut down your machine if no fan tachometer signal is detected on
the fan header. Make sure you attach a fan to the CPUFAN header or clear
CMOS to reset to default (no checking).

James Turner

It sounds like its the two-tone siren its going all the time I'm using the
computer to post this message. I have also found that if I try to restart it
get caught at detecting the HD. I'm sure that there is no over heating. A
message appears sometime saying that outlook is trying to send a message on
my behalf.

James

Ha
"Bird JanitorŪ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:56Wqh.67720$(E-Mail Removed) et...

James Turner wrote:

| It sounds like its the two-tone siren its going all the time I'm using the
| computer to post this message. I have also found that if I try to restart
| it get caught at detecting the HD. I'm sure that there is no over heating.
| A message appears sometime saying that outlook is trying to send a
| message on my behalf.
|
| James

Hi James -

The two-tone siren comes up as a result of overheating *or* out of
specification voltages.

What are the voltages reported in the PC Health section of your BIOS for the
+12v, +5v and +3.3v rails? Who makes your PSU and what are the ratings on
the overall wattage and each of the positive rails (from the label on the
side of the unit itself)?

Are you sure you're not overheating? How? What is your CPU temperature
when the siren goes off?

Did you reapply a thin layer of thermal paste when you installed the new
CPU?

All questions .. but this is the basis for the two-tone siren.

Jef

James Turner

You are right it is alarms at a 75 c/ temptature, the pc health status reads
CPU Warn Tempt 75c/167f/, Sys Temp 34c/93f, CPUtemp 74c/165f, Cpu Core
Voltage 1.76 v, Vcc Voltage (+2.5V) 2.68 (var), I/O Voltage (+3.3V) 3.40 v
(var), + 5 V 5.22 V, +12 V 12.22 V, -12 V -12.53 V, - 5 V -5.20 V, 3.3V
Dual Voltage 3.65 V, and Last Standby Voltage (+5V) 5.62 V. The are the
numbers that are listed in the PC Health Status.

My PSU is made by Dynex and it is 350W Power Supply the above number is what
show in PC Health Status. It is a BEST BUY purchase 11/11/06. It really
seems to be working correctly. This is information from the side of the
unit:

DC Output : +5V-30A(red), +12v=19A(yellow), +3.3v=28A(orange), PG(Gray),

-5V=0.5A(white), -12V=0.8A(blue), +5Vsb=2.0A(purple).

Output Watts 350W +5V, +3.3V:210W.

As stated above I've found that it gos off at 75 celsius, and the abit EQ
reports the tempt at 65c now running it is not alarming at this moment.

To day a apply a new coat of thermal paste and it has caused the change from
a morning start of 87 to 77c tempt. Now its holding a bout 65c. I went into
the bios to check the above status and it did not lock.

Thanks, you have been most informing and I'm not sure but I think the
thermal paste might be what I've been needing to put on the processor its
holding right at about 65 now.

James

"Bird JanitorŪ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:dFZqh.12484$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> James Turner wrote:
> |
> | It sounds like its the two-tone siren its going all the time I'm using
> the
> | computer to post this message. I have also found that if I try to
> restart
> | it get caught at detecting the HD. I'm sure that there is no over
> heating.
> | A message appears sometime saying that outlook is trying to send a
> | message on my behalf.
> |
> | James
> |

> Hi James -
>
> The two-tone siren comes up as a result of overheating *or* out of
> specification voltages.
>
> What are the voltages reported in the PC Health section of your BIOS for
> the
> +12v, +5v and +3.3v rails? Who makes your PSU and what are the ratings on
> the overall wattage and each of the positive rails (from the label on the
> side of the unit itself)?
>
> Are you sure you're not overheating? How? What is your CPU temperature
> when the siren goes off?
>
> Did you reapply a thin layer of thermal paste when you installed the new
> CPU?
>
> All questions .. but this is the basis for the two-tone siren.
>
> Jef

I need to know how to get to Armanda 7400 Cmos Battery to clear the Cmos. cen04543 Compaq 4 02-20-2006 10:31 AM
Re: Flash Bios, Clear CMOS? - HAL9000 Abit 0 07-09-2003 06:35 AM
Re: Flash Bios, Clear CMOS? TomG Abit 0 07-09-2003 01:54 AM
Re: Flash Bios, Clear CMOS? Doug G. Abit 0 07-09-2003 12:46 AM
Re: Flash Bios, Clear CMOS? MJH Abit 0 07-08-2003 10:39 PM