nf7-s having usb 2.0 problem

Me

I just purchased the nf7-s motherboard (rev. 2.0) and everything seems
to be working, except the usb 2.0. The motherboard came with a piece
that goes in one of the available expansion slots on the case and
plugs into 2 of the available usb connectors on the motherboard on the
1394 connectors. I have all of this plugged in (and, I assume,
correctly). When I plug any usb device into either of these 2 usb
ports, nothing happens. I have WinXP with sp1a installed, and have
the latest drivers installed from abit-usa.com.

Any help is appreciated.

Wayne Youngman

"Me" wrote
> I just purchased the nf7-s motherboard (rev. 2.0) and everything seems
> to be working, except the usb 2.0. The motherboard came with a piece
> that goes in one of the available expansion slots on the case and
> plugs into 2 of the available usb connectors on the motherboard on the
> 1394 connectors. I have all of this plugged in (and, I assume,
> correctly). When I plug any usb device into either of these 2 usb
> ports, nothing happens. I have WinXP with sp1a installed, and have
> the latest drivers installed from abit-usa.com.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

I suspect you have the pin-headers plugged in wrong, I seem to remember some
talk of the header diagram layout in the manual being wrong. Actually I
didn't get around to connecting up my add in USB2.0/Firewire slot yet. .

Did you try plugging your USB devices into the fixed USB ports? (the one's
that are permanently attached to the I/O backplate).
--
Wayne ][

Barton (AQXEA) XP2500+ @ 2.2GHz (10x220) - 1.75vCore
CoolerMaster Aero 7 Lite - 3,200rpm
ABIT NF7-S (v2.0 - BIOS#14)
512MB Dual TwiSTER PC3500 @ DDR440 1:1 (8,3,3,2.0 - 2.8v)
Sapphire Atlantis 9800 - 3.3ns Samsung
240GB (2x120GB) WD-SE SATA RAID-0 (16k Stripe)
Antec SX630II Mini-Tower Case Inc 300w PSU
WinXP-PRO-SP1
Cat 3.7 - DX9.0b