NF7-S New Bios2.5 Anyone noticing higher reported temps?

rms

Hi, my temp alarms have started going off occasionally after installing the
2.5 v2 NF7-S bios (as well as winxp SP2).

This never happened before today (and today's ambient is fairly cool). I do
have cpu disconnect enabled, and all other settings are identical. Just
thought I'd ask if anyone else has noticed a reported temp increase with
this new bios? thx!

rms

Bob Troll

Unless I read your first line of the post wrong, you have the version 2.0 of
the NF7S mainboard. The latest bios I found is the 2.4 for my NF7S v2.0
boards. There is indeed a 2.5 bios for the earlier models but I have not
found 2.5 for the version 2.0 boards. Did you flash with the incorrect
version by chance?

Regards, Bob Troll

"rms" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2dUMc.547$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hi, my temp alarms have started going off occasionally after installing

the
> 2.5 v2 NF7-S bios (as well as winxp SP2).
>
> This never happened before today (and today's ambient is fairly cool). I

do
> have cpu disconnect enabled, and all other settings are identical. Just
> thought I'd ask if anyone else has noticed a reported temp increase with
> this new bios? thx!
>
> rms

Shonk

fine here

exactly the same

"rms" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2dUMc.547$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hi, my temp alarms have started going off occasionally after installing

the
> 2.5 v2 NF7-S bios (as well as winxp SP2).
>
> This never happened before today (and today's ambient is fairly cool). I

do
> have cpu disconnect enabled, and all other settings are identical. Just
> thought I'd ask if anyone else has noticed a reported temp increase with
> this new bios? thx!
>
> rms

rms

> Unless I read your first line of the post wrong, you have the version 2.0
> of
> the NF7S mainboard. The latest bios I found is the 2.4 for my NF7S v2.0
> boards. There is indeed a 2.5 bios for the earlier models but I have not
> found 2.5 for the version 2.0 boards. Did you flash with the incorrect
> version by chance?

ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/b...2.0/nf7d25.exe

rms

Bob Troll

I'm up about 1 degree C on abiteq after the update. Thanks for the linkage.
Normally I don't snag directly from the TW ftp server....

Bob Troll

Airman Thunderbird

Anybody know what the new one fixes?

Bob Troll wrote:
> I'm up about 1 degree C on abiteq after the update. Thanks for the linkage.
> Normally I don't snag directly from the TW ftp server....
>
> Bob Troll

--oZ--

From the release notes....

"BIOS release 2.5 for NF7 2.0 / NF7-S 2.0 / NF7-V

Release information:

[ENGLISH]

1. Support new version Super IO.
2. BIOS compile date: 07/06/2004"