NF7-S v2 SATA Raid 1 error

Steve

NF7-S v2

Problem 1

Zero fill two Seagate sata drives. Both check fine.

Load XP_Pro w/ SP2 on first SATA drive and install goes fine.

Go into 3112A SATA controller either through java interface or SATA Bios (F4
or Ctrl-S on boot). Establish a mirror, either manually or automatically.

XP reads "A disk read error occurred. Press ctrl+alt+del to restart"

Break the mirror and it will boot fine. Restore the mirror it gives the same
error. Break the mirror and it will boot fine.

I have an identical computer that I used XP-w/ no SP and it installed fine.
Gotta use the SP2 version as keycode for registration is for that CD. Any
ideas?

Problem 2

Same as above but add an IDE drive into the mix. It will always detect as a
higher priority drive regardless of where I set the bios boot settings. In
otherwords, the IDE chain always sees IDE 0 -drive 0 as C:\, which means it
must carry boot data on it, thus defeating the whole idea of a SATA raid 1
boot array in case one drive fails.

I plan to visit my class action attorney in San Francisco if these problems
can't be resolved. Between Silicon Image, Abit, MS and Seagate, I am sure
these people can find a solution if they are motivated to.

Steve

Mike Bernstein

I am using SATA Raid 0 on my NF7-S v2 with Windows XP Prof SP2 and no
problem. I am using the latest SI SATA Raid BIOS and the latest Windows XP
drivers for the SI 3112A. What BIOS and drivers are you using?

Mike Bernstein

news:(E-Mail Removed)...