No AGP Boot on Intel D815EFV

Jeff

Hello All,

Brief Question, I can't boot to an AGP card. I have selected AGP as the
default video displayed on boot in bios, but the imbedded PCI video is the
only one that comes up. The AGP card has been verified working from 2 other
Intel boards.

SPEC:

MoBo Gateway KittyHawk (#2514929), Intel # D815EFV (imbedded video)
Phoenix Bios (from Gateway) EA81520A.15A.0011.P08, 8/6/02, Gateway BIOS
p/n 9519109
Video Card - ATI All-In-Wonder Pro AGP, Rage Pro #1024463930

Gateway cannot help as this board was not purchased thru them.

Any help appreciated.
Thx, jeff

Jim Phelps

"Jeff" <FightSpam> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hello All,
>
> Brief Question, I can't boot to an AGP card. I have selected AGP as the
> default video displayed on boot in bios, but the imbedded PCI video is the
> only one that comes up. The AGP card has been verified working from 2 other
> Intel boards.
>
> SPEC:
>
> MoBo Gateway KittyHawk (#2514929), Intel # D815EFV (imbedded video)
> Phoenix Bios (from Gateway) EA81520A.15A.0011.P08, 8/6/02, Gateway BIOS
> p/n 9519109
> Video Card - ATI All-In-Wonder Pro AGP, Rage Pro #1024463930
>
> Gateway cannot help as this board was not purchased thru them.
>
> Any help appreciated.
> Thx, jeff

Hi Jeff, I don't have that MB, but have several INTEL based boards.
All have the capability to turn off the On-Board AGP in the BIOS. Have
you turned your's off?
Jim

Silicon Alley Computers

"Jeff" <FightSpam> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hello All,
>
> Brief Question, I can't boot to an AGP card. I have selected AGP as the
> default video displayed on boot in bios, but the imbedded PCI video is the
> only one that comes up. The AGP card has been verified working from 2 other
> Intel boards.
>
> SPEC:
>
> MoBo Gateway KittyHawk (#2514929), Intel # D815EFV (imbedded video)
> Phoenix Bios (from Gateway) EA81520A.15A.0011.P08, 8/6/02, Gateway BIOS
> p/n 9519109
> Video Card - ATI All-In-Wonder Pro AGP, Rage Pro #1024463930
>
> Gateway cannot help as this board was not purchased thru them.
>
> Any help appreciated.
> Thx, jeff

Hi Jeff,
You will also need to disable the embedded video in BIOS before
the AGP will be able to be used as the default video. Otherwise, the
mobo will revert to the onboard video on startup. Gateway should have
been able to tell you this. Contact Intel or search their site for
instructions on how to accomplish this.

Silicon Alley Computers
www.siliconalleycomputers.com

Jeff

Jim,

This bios has video select on boot as either AGP or PCI. I have selected
both & recently tried another known working AGP card (2.0 spec). Both to
the same results. I suspect the board has a defective slot. Just thoght
maybe someone else had some input.

Thx, jeff

"Jim Phelps" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Jeff" <FightSpam> wrote in message
> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> Hello All,
>>
>> Brief Question, I can't boot to an AGP card. I have selected AGP as the
>> default video displayed on boot in bios, but the imbedded PCI video is
>> the
>> only one that comes up. The AGP card has been verified working from 2
>> other
>> Intel boards.
>>
>> SPEC:
>>
>> MoBo Gateway KittyHawk (#2514929), Intel # D815EFV (imbedded video)
>> Phoenix Bios (from Gateway) EA81520A.15A.0011.P08, 8/6/02, Gateway
>> BIOS
>> p/n 9519109
>> Video Card - ATI All-In-Wonder Pro AGP, Rage Pro #1024463930
>>
>> Gateway cannot help as this board was not purchased thru them.
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>> Thx, jeff

> Hi Jeff, I don't have that MB, but have several INTEL based boards.
> All have the capability to turn off the On-Board AGP in the BIOS. Have
> you turned your's off?
> Jim

Anonymous Jack

(Silicon Alley Computers)wrote:<e9f336b4.0410131319.768d5367@post ing.google.com>...
> "Jeff" <FightSpam> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Brief Question, I can't boot to an AGP card. I have selected AGP as the
> > default video displayed on boot in bios, but the imbedded PCI video is the
> > only one that comes up. The AGP card has been verified working from 2 other
> > Intel boards.

> You will also need to disable the embedded video in BIOS before
> the AGP will be able to be used as the default video. Otherwise, the
> mobo will revert to the onboard video on startup. Gateway should have
> been able to tell you this. Contact Intel or search their site for
> instructions on how to accomplish this.

You should also disable/uninstall the onboard PCI video in Windows through
Control Panel -> Settings -> System -> Hardware.

HTH, let us know how it goes

Jeff

Thanks for the help, but if I'm not mistaken, the OS would not have anything
to do with it (I should have stated this was all in POST). There is no
signal (to the monitor) from any AGP card installed (settings in bios
previously stated from the original post). All of this is during POST,
before OS load.
I thought I was missing something. Appears a defective MoBo.

thx for the help, jeff

"Anonymous Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> (Silicon Alley
> Computers)wrote:<e9f336b4.0410131319.768d5367@post ing.google.com>...
>> "Jeff" <FightSpam> wrote in message
>> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> > Brief Question, I can't boot to an AGP card. I have selected AGP as
>> > the
>> > default video displayed on boot in bios, but the imbedded PCI video is
>> > the
>> > only one that comes up. The AGP card has been verified working from 2
>> > other
>> > Intel boards.

>> You will also need to disable the embedded video in BIOS before
>> the AGP will be able to be used as the default video. Otherwise, the
>> mobo will revert to the onboard video on startup. Gateway should have
>> been able to tell you this. Contact Intel or search their site for
>> instructions on how to accomplish this.

> You should also disable/uninstall the onboard PCI video in Windows through
> Control Panel -> Settings -> System -> Hardware.
>
> HTH, let us know how it goes

benry

"Jeff" <FightSpam> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Thanks for the help, but if I'm not mistaken, the OS would not have anything
> to do with it (I should have stated this was all in POST). There is no
> signal (to the monitor) from any AGP card installed (settings in bios
> previously stated from the original post). All of this is during POST,
> before OS load.
> I thought I was missing something. Appears a defective MoBo.
>
> thx for the help, jeff
>
> "Anonymous Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > (Silicon Alley
> > Computers)wrote:<e9f336b4.0410131319.768d5367@post ing.google.com>...
> >> "Jeff" <FightSpam> wrote in message
> >> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...

> >> You will also need to disable the embedded video in BIOS before
> >> the AGP will be able to be used as the default video. Otherwise, the
> >> mobo will revert to the onboard video on startup. Gateway should have
> >> been able to tell you this. Contact Intel or search their site for
> >> instructions on how to accomplish this.

> > You should also disable/uninstall the onboard PCI video in Windows through
> > Control Panel -> Settings -> System -> Hardware.
> >
> > HTH, let us know how it goes

Can you help me to figure out that AMD good or Intel good?

benry

"Jeff" <FightSpam> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Thanks for the help, but if I'm not mistaken, the OS would not have anything
> to do with it (I should have stated this was all in POST). There is no
> signal (to the monitor) from any AGP card installed (settings in bios
> previously stated from the original post). All of this is during POST,
> before OS load.
> I thought I was missing something. Appears a defective MoBo.
>
> thx for the help, jeff
>
> "Anonymous Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > (Silicon Alley
> > Computers)wrote:<e9f336b4.0410131319.768d5367@post ing.google.com>...
> >> "Jeff" <FightSpam> wrote in message
> >> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...

> >> You will also need to disable the embedded video in BIOS before
> >> the AGP will be able to be used as the default video. Otherwise, the
> >> mobo will revert to the onboard video on startup. Gateway should have
> >> been able to tell you this. Contact Intel or search their site for
> >> instructions on how to accomplish this.

> > You should also disable/uninstall the onboard PCI video in Windows through
> > Control Panel -> Settings -> System -> Hardware.
> >
> > HTH, let us know how it goes

Can you help me to figure out that AMD good or Intel good in now ?

Jennifer Mullen

In <(E-Mail Removed)>
Jeff <> wrote:

> Brief Question, I can't boot to an AGP card. I have selected AGP as the
> default video displayed on boot in bios, but the imbedded PCI video is the
> only one that comes up. The AGP card has been verified working from 2 other
> Intel boards.

Have you tried another AGP video card in the problem machine with the same
results?

Are there any options in BIOS to disable onboard video or set the initial
video to AGP? You'd have to use the onboard video to check this out, of
course, then switch back to the AGP once you've made your changes and
restarted.

A small number of motherboards have jumpers to disable onboard video.
Check the manual for the machine for details.

--
Jennifer Mullen
(E-Mail Removed)

Neil Varshneya

(E-Mail Removed) (benry) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> "Jeff" <FightSpam> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Thanks for the help, but if I'm not mistaken, the OS would not have anything
> > to do with it (I should have stated this was all in POST). There is no
> > signal (to the monitor) from any AGP card installed (settings in bios
> > previously stated from the original post). All of this is during POST,
> > before OS load.
> > I thought I was missing something. Appears a defective MoBo.
> >
> > thx for the help, jeff
> >
> > "Anonymous Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > > (Silicon Alley
> > > Computers)wrote:<e9f336b4.0410131319.768d5367@post ing.google.com>...

> > > You should also disable/uninstall the onboard PCI video in Windows through
> > > Control Panel -> Settings -> System -> Hardware.
> > >
> > > HTH, let us know how it goes

> Can you help me to figure out that AMD good or Intel good in now ?

AMD does more operations per clock cycle (9), while Intel only does
(6). AMD wins in the benchmarks. AMD does more faster.

Is a 2x/4x AGP v.2.0 slot compatible with the AGP 4x/8x slot? In other words, are 2x/4x AGP compatioble with 4x/8x AGP Video Cards? NIV Consulting Tyan 1 06-06-2007 11:04 AM
No AGP Boot on Intel D815EFV Jeff IBM 12 02-08-2005 05:02 AM
No AGP Boot on Intel D815EFV Jeff Intel 0 10-12-2004 11:56 PM
No AGP Boot on Intel D815EFV Jeff Intel 0 10-12-2004 09:24 PM
No AGP Boot on D815EFV Jeff Intel 0 10-12-2004 04:04 AM