No AGP support for P4C800E mainboard under linux ... : (

Noozer

Just found out the hard way...

If you install Mandrake 9.2 (or any other distro of Linux) you don't get any
accelerated AGP support due to the fact that the kernel (2.4.22) doesn't
support the i875P chipset.

Just thought I'd pass it on ... Hoping someone can prove me wrong AND tell
my how to fix it.

Trying to get ATI Radeon 9600XT working under Mandrake 9.2. ATI's drivers
supposedly only work in the 2.4.22 kernel.

Giga News User

I don't know if this will help. But one of the guys I know using an ASUS
board claimed that
Intel did not include the AGP support and you have to go to Intels website
to download the driver for AGP support, I think he had the problem on two
different Mobos trying to use both ATI 9600 then the 9800 on the other,
complaint was it was SO SLOW, after he installed the new Intel driver it was
very fast.

I hopes this helps.
_____________________________
"Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> Just found out the hard way...
>
> If you install Mandrake 9.2 (or any other distro of Linux) you don't get

any
> accelerated AGP support due to the fact that the kernel (2.4.22) doesn't
> support the i875P chipset.
>
> Just thought I'd pass it on ... Hoping someone can prove me wrong AND tell
> my how to fix it.
>
> Trying to get ATI Radeon 9600XT working under Mandrake 9.2. ATI's drivers
> supposedly only work in the 2.4.22 kernel.

Philip Callan

He can also just download the 2.4.22.diff for agpart support with i875p, or
upgrade his kernel.
There are options.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...