No audio - what to do?

JesperB

Hello mates.
After a crash, no audio is working on my Shuttle Sb81p.
The problem is actually described here:
http://eu.shuttle.com/en/Desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-359/
(see the last faq)
Both the front and the back connector simply doesn't react at all.
Shuttle wont help me cause I bought the bloody maschine at a reseller, and
the reseller says he cant help me either.
Therefore i'm stuck.
Have any of you guys any clue how to go aruond this problem??
I have tried to re-install all the drivers (chipset, audio, lan, bus, usb, u
name it) and updated to the bios, but with no luck whatsoever.
I really appreciate any help.
Thx.
JB

Don Paolo

"JesperB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4371d795$0$41138$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello mates.
> After a crash, no audio is working on my Shuttle Sb81p.
> The problem is actually described here:
> http://eu.shuttle.com/en/Desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-359/
> (see the last faq)
> Both the front and the back connector simply doesn't react at all.
> Shuttle wont help me cause I bought the bloody maschine at a reseller, and
> the reseller says he cant help me either.
> Therefore i'm stuck.
> Have any of you guys any clue how to go aruond this problem??
> I have tried to re-install all the drivers (chipset, audio, lan, bus, usb,

> name it) and updated to the bios, but with no luck whatsoever.
> I really appreciate any help.
> Thx.
> JB

If you check your hardware under device manager, do you have any
devices reporting problems? You might want to try checking your
event log for any possible entries there as well. It might point you
in a direction.

Don Paolo

JesperB

> If you check your hardware under device manager, do you have any
> devices reporting problems? You might want to try checking your
> event log for any possible entries there as well. It might point you
> in a direction.
>
> Don Paolo

Everything seems spot-on under the device manager. Unfortunately its some
time ago that I got the problem, but i'll check the log.
Somehow I dont think its a software issue.

wind9rider@yahoo.com

A major crash can corrupt drivers. Usually the integrated sound system
drivers are on your mainboard/chipset drivers disk. Try deleting and
reinstalling your mainboard drivers from your CD. I hope this is
correct, I have never owned a barebones unit but I imagine they are
pretty much all the same.

Don Paolo

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> A major crash can corrupt drivers. Usually the integrated sound system
> drivers are on your mainboard/chipset drivers disk. Try deleting and
> reinstalling your mainboard drivers from your CD. I hope this is
> correct, I have never owned a barebones unit but I imagine they are
> pretty much all the same.

I know this won't help at all, but as a warning, don't install sound drivers
via Microsoft Update - I tried it and my sound turned to shite. Had a bugger
of a job uninstalling and reinstalling stuff too.

Can you get your hands on a spare HDD - it might be worth trying a complete
reinstall of the OS from scratch. At least that way you could rule out
driver
and / or software problems.

HTH

JesperB

> I know this won't help at all, but as a warning, don't install sound
> drivers
> via Microsoft Update - I tried it and my sound turned to shite. Had a
> bugger
> of a job uninstalling and reinstalling stuff too.
>
> Can you get your hands on a spare HDD - it might be worth trying a
> complete
> reinstall of the OS from scratch. At least that way you could rule out
> driver
> and / or software problems.
>
> HTH

Hey mate.
Now I've actually had the chance of connecting a spare hd, and there is
still no sound.
This is my view indicates that it is a hardware problem.
I have talk to my reseller, and he says shuttle is unaware of this kind of
problem (even though its on their web!!)
Not much to do I guess.
/

Andy McCall

I assume that you haven't had the cover off when the PC crashed? Just a
thought though just check to make sure that they are securely plugged into
the mobo. I have known the connectors to work loose under expansion over
time. It actually does pay to whip the cover off from time to time just to
make sure that everything is seated properly.

Andy Mac
news:43764b8c$0$41151$(E-Mail Removed)...