No Audio on New Mail ,Thunderbird 2.0.0.24 and 3.0.4

azTom

The computer audio works fine in the browser (Firefox), and when I
navigate to the .wav file I want to use Windows > Media > gotmail and
double click it the Windows Media Player window opens and plays "You've
got mail".

When I select Tools > Options > General tab > check play sound when a
new message arrives, then browse to the gotmail.wav file, after
selection the Play doesn't work. I've tried using the default audio
still no audio out. It has worked many years in the past.

I've removed and reinstalled both 3.0.4 and 2.0.0.24 versions same problem.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Tom

azTom

On 4/28/2010 3:47 PM, azTom wrote:
> The computer audio works fine in the browser (Firefox), and when I
> navigate to the .wav file I want to use Windows > Media > gotmail and
> double click it the Windows Media Player window opens and plays "You've
> got mail".
>
> When I select Tools > Options > General tab > check play sound when a
> new message arrives, then browse to the gotmail.wav file, after
> selection the Play doesn't work. I've tried using the default audio
> still no audio out. It has worked many years in the past.
>
> I've removed and reinstalled both 3.0.4 and 2.0.0.24 versions same problem.
>
> Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Tom

Fixed sort of, I reinstalled my "C" backup from a few weeks ago, audio
works great now. Tried several help sites they just said remove and
reinstall Thunderbird, I tried that a few times with no results. Just
goes to show how important backups are.