No booting on S5350G2NR

maarten

Dear usergroup,

Today I installed this nice tyan S5350G2NR with 2 2.8 Ghz intel xeons.

When switching on the power, the fans flutter for a second, and then
stop; nothing boots.
No beeps, no bios, nothing..

Is there anything you know of I can do that I might have overlooked
during installation?
There are no periphereals attached yet, no drives.
Just the powersupply, cpu's and memory.

Would this be the motherboard that might be bad and need replacement,
or the powersupply not giving enough juice or bad, or maybe even the
CPUs? (It's a mercury pp-5503 550W)

I hope you can help me,

Maarten

maarten

Dear usergroup

A little follow up on the question I posted before.

I just tried using only one CPU, then the motherboard gives me 10
beeps.
two groups of 4 and 2 after that.
This is when either one is connected.

I hope this is a clear sign of something I did wrong and can fix.

kind regards,

maarten

Martin Shoemaker

I found the following generic codes for Phoenix BIOS:

*4-4-1* Your serial ports are acting up. Reseat, or replace, the I/O
card. If the I/O is on the motherboard itself, disable them with a
jumper (consult your manual to know which one) and then add an I/O card.
*4-4-2* See 4-4-1, but this time is your Parallel port that's acting up.

Is anything plugged in to the LPT header?

Since the board will not post with two processors there's also a
possibility that this is a power supply problem. Is the power supply an
EPS-12V model? Is the wattage rating of the power supply high enough
for this motherboard? Do you have a different power supply you could try?

Martin