no detection of SATA HD

yock1960@fuse.net

I just purchased a Hitachi SATA II HD and am trying to install it on a
VT7 MB (this is my 1st try at a SATA drive). The VT7 supports SATA I,
but I was hoping I could get away with this drive. Unfortunately, the
RAID BIOS won't detect the drive and I see no jumpers on this drive to
put it into SATA I mode like I have read that can be done on other
drives (WD). The drive was OEM, so I don't have any info on it and I
didn't come up with anything from Hitachi's website either, so I don't
know if the fact that there are no jumpers means that this drive 'auto-
detects' or if there is a problem with my motherboard. Anyone have any
experience with this motherboard and SATA? I have yet to check into
BIOS revsions and whether I need to flash a new BIOS. Any suggestions
otherwise?

Thanks!

Bird JanitorŪ

yock1960 wrote:

| I just purchased a Hitachi SATA II HD and am trying to install it
| on a VT7 MB (this is my 1st try at a SATA drive). The VT7
| supports SATA I, but I was hoping I could get away with this
| drive. Unfortunately, the RAID BIOS won't detect the drive and
| I see no jumpers on this drive to put it into SATA I mode like I
| have read that can be done on other drives (WD). The drive
| was OEM, so I don't have any info on it and I didn't come up
| with anything from Hitachi's website either, so I don't know if
| the fact that there are no jumpers means that this drive 'auto-
| detects' or if there is a problem with my motherboard. Anyone
| have any experience with this motherboard and SATA? I have
| yet to check into BIOS revsions and whether I need to flash a
| new BIOS. Any suggestions otherwise?
|
| Thanks!

Hitachi's Feature Tool from the following link (scroll down a bit) is used
to change various features and settings on their drives, including setting
the maximum SATA speed.

This is a DOS-bootable tool.

http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm

I'm unsure if the program will detect your drive if your system cannot ..
but worth a shot.

Jef

P5B SATA - Weird Detection phb5000 Asus 0 10-18-2006 02:46 PM
Help wanted with NF7-S2 - processor detection and PC reset Paul Millar Abit 2 12-29-2004 03:25 PM
SATA & SCSI, SATA link & SATA Raid Aldo Larrabiata Asus 1 12-02-2004 08:27 PM
No SATA detection Scott Asus 2 08-07-2004 03:05 PM
NF7-S - CPU Fan RPM detection Peder Abit 0 12-29-2003 10:05 PM