No happy with Vista - want xp pro back

jimrx4

Can anyone give me an address that can walk me through installing Windows XP
Pro on my GW with 2 serial (RAID not in use) drives. I have no 3 1/2 inch
drive for installing the SATA drivers but with USB enabled in BIOS (during
setup) XP setup reads the info on my USB floppy drive just fine and
supposedly loads the SATA drivers (ICH9). Unfortunately I get a blue screen
during the XP setup with error codes 0x0000007B and 0XF78D2524.

Obviously I don't know what I'm doing so I need some hand-holding. Any help?
(Vista came pre-installed)

Barry Watzman

I've done this on a number of machines including Gateway laptops, but it
is so totally model specific that I can't give you "generic" help and I
don't have your model number. It might be worth investing in a USB
floppy drive. It's likely that you need an "F6" driver, although on
some systems the bios will do SATA to IDE emulation, and on other
systems it's possible to get an F6 driver successfully installed from a
USB flash drive.